Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 SL Premium
8 Posts
Did you use transparent yellow vinyl? I was going to do the fog lights but, one layer of vinyl wasn't yellow enough. I tested with 3 layers, which was the best but it bubbled, so I never did it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Everybody- I just picked up my 2022 SL 4WD in Boulder Gray/Black with Blackout package. Pleased so far. I'm wondering if anybody has installed the factory tow package after purchase? I was able to order the receiver, wiring harness, and finishing plate for the rear bumper from my local dealer. My concern is that they will need to actually use a saw and cut the existing black fascia plate, then cover it with the new piece 9essentially creating a new layer). I confirmed with Nissan that this is how they do it. Just wondering if anybody has done this and if it looks "factory", or at least close to. I am having it done at my local dealer. Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD
300 Posts
Hey Everybody- I just picked up my 2022 SL 4WD in Boulder Gray/Black with Blackout package. Pleased so far. I'm wondering if anybody has installed the factory tow package after purchase? I was able to order the receiver, wiring harness, and finishing plate for the rear bumper from my local dealer. My concern is that they will need to actually use a saw and cut the existing black fascia plate, then cover it with the new piece 9essentially creating a new layer). I confirmed with Nissan that this is how they do it. Just wondering if anybody has done this and if it looks "factory", or at least close to. I am having it done at my local dealer. Thanks!
Welcome and congrats on the purchase! Indeed, that's how they do it. Here's the actual tech guide they use with the detailed steps...

Finisher without hands-free liftgate:

Also, just a heads-up on the towing capacity. Know that you won't get the full towing (6k lbs.) if the towing option wasn't added at the factory as that requires an extra trans cooler. There should be several threads discussing this for additional insight. I haven't opted for this add-on (yet), but curious how that would look too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the purchase! Indeed, that's how they do it. Here's the actual tech guide they use with the detailed steps...

Finisher without hands-free liftgate:

Also, just a heads-up on the towing capacity. Know that you won't get the full towing (6k lbs.) if the towing option wasn't added at the factory as that requires an extra trans cooler. There should be several threads discussing this for additional insight. I haven't opted for this add-on (yet), but curious how that would look too.
Thanks for the reply in detail. I’m sure the dealership will have it looking great when finished. As for the capacity, we’re just towing a small trailer with a couple of dirt bikes, so well below the capacity. Thanks again!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts