Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve had my Pathfinder for a little over a year and since VERY early on, I’d say the second week of having it, I’ve had issues with it randomly shifting into neutral while I’m driving and also while I was in the drive thru line at tim hortons… the worst was when it happened on icy/slippery roads and I was on a highway!!!!! So this has happened on and off and the dealership just does what it does, services it and gives it back, saying something about it needed a software update, a computer chip update or something along those lines…I’ve had other issues with it too…but that was the worst and then today an error message was popping up while I was driving saying the shifter was stuck. When I got to where I was going, did what I had to do and was ready to leave it started fine but would not shift out of park. An error message showed up on the screen which says AT MALFUNCTION SERVICE NOW! So I called a tow truck and am waiting to hear from the dealership. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what was the outcome?

·
Registered
124 Posts
So I’ve had my Pathfinder for a little over a year and since VERY early on, I’d say the second week of having it, I’ve had issues with it randomly shifting into neutral while I’m driving and also while I was in the drive thru line at tim hortons… the worst was when it happened on icy/slippery roads and I was on a highway!!!!! So this has happened on and off and the dealership just does what it does, services it and gives it back, saying something about it needed a software update, a computer chip update or something along those lines…I’ve had other issues with it too…but that was the worst and then today an error message was popping up while I was driving saying the shifter was stuck. When I got to where I was going, did what I had to do and was ready to leave it started fine but would not shift out of park. An error message showed up on the screen which says AT MALFUNCTION SERVICE NOW! So I called a tow truck and am waiting to hear from the dealership. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what was the outcome?
Hi, I've had my 2022 Pathfinder SV since August 2021, and it shifted to neutral once, and never again. Couple of other people complained here about this issue as well. Dealers cannot troubleshoot something they don't see and is not consistent.

However, I am happy that your Pathfinder is finally has it consistent, and now maybe your dealer in cooperation with Nissan Engineering will be able to get to the bottom of this issue. Please keep us informed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi, I've had my 2022 Pathfinder SV since August 2021, and it shifted to neutral once, and never again. Couple of other people complained here about this issue as well. Dealers cannot troubleshoot something they don't see and is not consistent.

However, I am happy that your Pathfinder is finally has it consistent, and now maybe your dealer in cooperation with Nissan Engineering will be able to get to the bottom of this issue. Please keep us informed.
Here is the main thread for this issue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts