Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Pathfinder a couple of months. A few times when starting the transmission hangs in first gear. I can turn the car off and that usually will reset it. I took it to the dealer and they were not able to help. No error codes, no found issues.

Anyone else seeing this and will this be fixed by a software update?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually, I've realized that sticking in gear is only a symptom. What is really happening is the Automatic Transmission is failing to engage and it is in manual mode.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes moving it down twice goes into manual. I am pretty sure I am not moving it twice either but my wife has never experienced this. I don't get why it happens.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that I'm conscious of it I'm going to try to be more aware of this and notice what the display says when it happens. Also when it happens if I pull back again it and see if it goes into Automatic again and if it fixes it. I think that I may have been doing this twice.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder
9 Posts
I know this is an older thread. My reply may help some new owners with the same problem.
I just wanted to comment that mine was doing the same and the way I figured it out was when you look at the dash there is a "D" there if its in regular automatic driving mode.
If there is a number there, then its in manual mode and you need to pull the shifter back one more time and it will return to "D".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts