Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2022 SL my navigation system is set to split screen, the left side goes black, then the searching feature appears, if you cancel route and pick same destination it will find new location and supply with your turn byturn. The point of interest feature quit working.. The unit has tried to send me down back roads even though I can see my destination. I have done a soft reboot, but it still fails..Nissan Canada just replaced receiver, horn on back of car.. They tell meMy car is the only one having issues…Can this be true

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD (04/22)
407 Posts
Oh-no.. Just so I'm clear, you're talking about Nissan navigation and not Android Auto/Carplay powered navigation, right?

Any chance you could upload a video demonstrating the issues?

Happy to try and replicate on mine to see if it does it too.. FWIW, I gave up on stock navigation and use mainly Android Auto for navigation. Google Maps has more options and usually more up-to-date too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It is the Nav system,,,,I agree however, I paid a premium for the navigation,,, as in 1 step shopping
i have been told an engineer , Pathfinder Task force Engineering team and field quality investigation team are all working in tandam to correct the problem..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh-no.. Just so I'm clear, you're talking about Nissan navigation and not Android Auto/Carplay powered navigation, right?

Happy to try and replicate on mine to see if it does it too.. FWIW, I gave up on stock navigation and use mainly Android Auto for navigation. Google Maps has more options and usually more up-to-date too.
Do you use Google maps on your phone? Or thru Nissan navigation?

·
Registered
2022 PF Platinum 2WD BD: 8/21
54 Posts
The maps run by Sirius/XM and ours hasn't updated to show a new highway that's been there for 3-4 years now. I have it on my to do list to call them and ask when they are going to push a map update, still says up to date.

·
Registered
2022 SL AWD Build Date Mar 2022
336 Posts

I do the same. Of the three Nissan's I have owned (2015 Juke SL, 2019 Rogue SL, and now the 2022 Pathfinder SL), I dislike the stock Nissan navigation system.
I always find the Android (Samsung Galaxy S8), to be far superior. It is more accurate since the DROID has so many more data points (than Nissan) to track traffic and changing conditions. It's not perfect, I know that, but it is fairly accurate throughout the day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own SL 2022 and the Navigation is terribly bad. Uses strange routes in Canada, Ontario. Never knows about traffic jams or closed roads. Disregards settings to avoid fairs or tolls and still lead through it. I wonder how I can change that to Google Maps as it works much better even with all Google glitches. If anybody knows how to change standard navigation please let me know.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD (04/22)
407 Posts
I own SL 2022 and the Navigation is terribly bad. Uses strange routes in Canada, Ontario. Never knows about traffic jams or closed roads. Disregards settings to avoid fairs or tolls and still lead through it. I wonder how I can change that to Google Maps as it works much better even with all Google glitches. If anybody knows how to change standard navigation please let me know.
Sadly, no option (at this time) to replace factory Nissan navigation with Google Maps.

However, you can connect your phone to the Pathfinder and use Android Auto for Google Maps navigation.

You won't get the in-cluster turn-by-turn navigation integration that Nissan navigation provides, but you'll see it on the main infotainment screen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sadly, no option (at this time) to replace factory Nissan navigation with Google Maps.

However, you can connect your phone to the Pathfinder and use Android Auto for Google Maps navigation.

However, you won't get the in-cluster turn-by-turn navigation integration that Nissan navigation provides, but you'll see it on the main infotainment screen.
Thanks, will use that. HeadsUp display is a great feature but navigation ruins it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Andrew, I am told I am the only one having navigation issue,,I am in Ottawa area,,same issues,, they have changed receiver (horn on top of car),,, complete screen

1 - 14 of 14 Posts