Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up my black V motion grill. For the 2022 pathfinder.

Anyone have general experience with how easy this installs? I assume the whole front bumper doesn't need to come off right? It looks like it's just a few push tabs.

Also I guess I need to transfer the Nissan emblem from the old grill over. Anyone know if it just pops off or is double sided taped as well ?
Window Wood Fixture Rectangle Door
Grille Hood Product Motor vehicle Bumper
Sleeve Metal Natural material Fashion accessory Steel

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light Grille

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know all this cover pulls off but can you get the other tabs off by reaching down in there? Just wanted to know if it's a DIY before I start taking it apart. I know there is a front camera you have to pop off too. I really hope you don't have to unfasten part of the bumper to access it.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 2WD
17 Posts
I bought the black grill and installed it myself. It was a bit difficult, I must admit.

After popping out all of the plastic push-pin fasteners and removing the plastic shield that covers the radiator area, you have to remove the nuts that hold the metal cross-bar in place because it is impossible to get your hands and arms down behind the grill with this cross bar in position.

The new grill snaps into place, so the easy part is installing the new one. The hard part is removing the old one. You have to press on each plastic tab to enable it to "unlock" and pull out of its location, one at at time. It is a two person job -- I got my wife to help me with mine.

Total time for me was approx 30 minutes

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I bought the black grill and installed it myself. It was a bit difficult, I must admit.

After popping out all of the plastic push-pin fasteners and removing the plastic shield that covers the radiator area, you have to remove the nuts that hold the metal cross-bar in place because it is impossible to get your hands and arms down behind the grill with this cross bar in position.

The new grill snaps into place, so the easy part is installing the new one. The hard part is removing the old one. You have to press on each plastic tab to enable it to "unlock" and pull out of its location, one at at time. It is a two person job -- I got my wife to help me with mine.

Ok so you don't have to loosen the bumper or anything though?

What about the camera and the emblem transfer? How was that? Any tips?

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 2WD
17 Posts
The emblem has two plastic tabs that need to be squeezed and then it pops right out of the old grill, and snaps into the new one. The camera has a screw that mounts it to the back side of the grill. This was what I needed my wife's help on -- she held the grill while I unscrewed the camera and left it dangling in place. No need to loosen the bumper.

NOTE: you'll need a screwdriver or plastic trim removal tool to enable you to press on the tabs from the back side of the grill while pulling outward on the grill to disengage the fastener tabs

edit: answering your next question... the metal cross bar stays in place but you can move it enough to access the tabs on the rear of the grill with your hands

·
Registered
35 Posts

Love the rims..how much was the grill ? Aftermarket or OEM

·
Registered
14 Posts

Anyone have general experience with how easy this installs? I assume the whole front bumper doesn't need to come off right? It looks like it's just a few push tabs.

Also I guess I need to transfer the Nissan emblem from the old grill over. Anyone know if it just pops off or is double sided taped as well ? View attachment 16361 View attachment 16362 View attachment 16363

View attachment 16366

Also I guess I need to transfer the Nissan emblem from the old grill over. Anyone know if it just pops off or is double sided taped as well ? View attachment 16361 View attachment 16362 View attachment 16363

View attachment 16366
Looks great.
Finally got the grill installed. So happy with it. View attachment 16389 View attachment 16390
Niice.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
11 Posts

View attachment 16366
Was the lower grill piece (below the license plate) black or did you paint/dip it? I have a platinum and it’s silver plastic, same in the rear
Yes they are unless you opt for a black out like black roof too for me I got a Sl I paint the back black and blackout the letters and the side and the rear spoiler to make the car with two tones

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Here’s a little green and black for yah. Dealer was charging me $450 for the install. Did it myself and it only took 30 minutes. After pulling off the plastic tabs I was able to shimmy the styrofoam out of place giving me access to most of the pull tabs. The side covers were flimsy enough to move just enough to slide my hand in to disengage the locks on the side. The new grill was an easy snap in. Til the next mod!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts