Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my new trailer, 2021 Forest River R-Pod 192 on December 28. UVW=3358, max CCC=1141 (per yellow sticker on trailer door jam).
Hitch weight=450. Had WDH; Blue Ox Sway Pro installed. Only the wife and I. Took it home the other day. I don't plan on boon docking. All tanks empty except for propane,
I did feel the weight of the trailer when stopping and over large bumps. Not used to this after having a F-150 as a tow vehicle a while back with a different TT.
I don't think I'll be much over 4000 after passengers, luggage.

Your feed back is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,493 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! You should not have any problems pulling that weight. Your biggest challenge will be erasing the memory of the F-150. This ain't no truck.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
770 Posts
Good looking setup! That TT has a nice aerodynamic nose on it. I'm not sure I'd believe that 3358lb spec on the trailer. The manufacturers do weird stuff like state the weight before appliances and accessories are mounted in place. As I guess, I'd say you're over 4000lbs once people and gear are involved. The only way to truly know is to visit a scale.

Either way, as long as you take it easy and don't expect pickup truck towing performance out of it, you should be good to go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good looking setup! That TT has a nice aerodynamic nose on it. I'm not sure I'd believe that 3358lb spec on the trailer. The manufacturers do weird stuff like state the weight before appliances and accessories are mounted in place. As I guess, I'd say you're over 4000lbs once people and gear are involved. The only way to truly know is to visit a scale.

Either way, as long as you take it easy and don't expect pickup truck towing performance out of it, you should be good to go.
Agree. Brochure says 3379. Yellow sticker, 3358.
I do need to go to a public scale. Thanks

·
Registered
770 Posts
That is a good looking TT. I like the oversized offroad tires! What is that track along the roof line on the side opposite the door/awning?

FWIW, A few months back I helped my FIL sell their ~2yr/old Jayco Jayflight 21' that they didn't use even a single time!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a good looking TT. I like the oversized offroad tires! What is that track along the roof line on the side opposite the door/awning?

FWIW, A few months back I helped my FIL sell their ~2yr/old Jayco Jayflight 21' that they didn't use even a single time!
Rain gutter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have almost the same setup.
Yes you will notice it behind you but properly adjusted brakes help with stopping.
You seem to have the same back end drop I have, 2" here. I am getting airbags installed to help with this problem.
Definetly not a good setup for long distance, and at 7 mpg, expensive.

Purchased my new trailer, 2021 Forest River R-Pod 192 on December 28. UVW=3358, max CCC=1141 (per yellow sticker on trailer door jam).
Hitch weight=450. Had WDH; Blue Ox Sway Pro installed. Only the wife and I. Took it home the other day. I don't plan on boon docking. All tanks empty except for propane,
I did feel the weight of the trailer when stopping and over large bumps. Not used to this after having a F-150 as a tow vehicle a while back with a different TT.
I don't think I'll be much over 4000 after passengers, luggage.
View attachment 15810
Your feed back is appreciated.
Rain gutter.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I've seen a lot of reports of 2013+ pathfinders getting 6-8mpg while towing a travel trailer. It's amazing the catalytic converters don't melt right off the car processing that amount of fuel being consumed. Light trucks are more designed to handle that. PFs must be too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes you will notice it behind you but properly adjusted brakes help with stopping.
You seem to have the same back end drop I have, 2" here. I am getting airbags installed to help with this problem.
Where did you get the Airbags and are you installing yourself?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you explain air bags use for trailer. I have a 19 ft. sonic lite trailer. I added says bars and weight distribution system. Also the curt bluetooth brake controller. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Basically a bag that fits inside the coil shocks.
Pump up with air to raise the rear end.

Can you explain air bags use for trailer. I have a 19 ft. sonic lite trailer. I added says bars and weight distribution system. Also the curt bluetooth brake controller. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Coil-Rite by Firestone, model #4118 iirc. I'm running about the same weight overall with our TT, but 'stick and tin' Forest River Coachman - aerodynamics of a brick. Yup, PF no truck alright - with pax, cargo, tongue wt and loaded trailer this car is at its limit with such a setup, you'll feel it all the time. Use that go pedal! We get about 11mpg when we're lucky. Needed back brakes at 30000k mi (same thing happened to brakes on our former tow vehicle w/factory sway control, tow computer at work eats rear brakes)...have fun out there!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts