Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Pathfinder Rock Creek
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just got a 2020 Pathfinder Rock Creek and of course we didn’t realize before we leased it that it doesn’t have Apple CarPlay. She relies on it for Waze and texting. She really does not like the interface with the NAV and factory software for texting, etc. Any way for me to sideload Apple CarPlay or add it somehow to the factory system? Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,581 Posts
Not likely. The Pathfinder audio tech is extremely limited. Do a forum search for "CarPlay" and you'll find what others are doing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not likely. The Pathfinder audio tech is extremely limited. Do a forum search for "CarPlay" and you'll find what others are doing.
Appreciate your response. I’ll take a look and see if anyone has found a good work around besides leaving their phone on the dash. So silly that they have it on other models, but not pathfinder.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I recently installed the kit from Grom Audio and with about a thousand miles on it including a road trip now really like it.
It allows us to keep the touchscreen, steering controls etc but we do lose the USB input on the factory radio.
It does give us a new USB input on the Adapter box

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I recently installed the kit from Grom Audio and with about a thousand miles on it including a road trip now really like it.
It allows us to keep the touchscreen, steering controls etc but we do lose the USB input on the factory radio.
Do you happen to have a link to that one? Wanna get the right one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
How happy u are with Apple car play and does touch screen works when Apple car play and does the steering wheel control works , did u install ur self or someone did it for u? Thanks I’d really appreciate it. I seen here lists of ppl ja in to many issues, to scared to install

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
How happy u are with Apple car play and does touch screen works when Apple car play and does the steering wheel control works , did u install ur self or someone did it for u? Thanks I’d really appreciate it. I seen here lists of ppl ja in to many issues, to scared to install
I am a primary android auto user. I love using Waze now instead of the stock nav.
I installed it myself
Steering controls and touchscreen works fine, just remember the pathfinder screen is not a capacitive screen.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am a primary android auto user. I love using Waze now instead of the stock nav.
I installed it myself
Steering controls and touchscreen works fine, just remember the pathfinder screen is not a capacitive screen.
My pathfinder it’s 2017 sl with premium package , how do u contact them , on their website I can’t find any phone number or email that I can call or contact

·
Registered
2 Posts
My pathfinder it’s 2017 sl with premium package , how do u contact them , on their website I can’t find any phone number or email that I can call or contact
I also have a 2020RC Pathfinder. Has anybody tried to install a Carplay enabled head unit from another Nissan (ie. Titan)? I would think this would maintain all controls, functions and speed of the interface. Here is a list of other Nissan's that support Carplay iOS - CarPlay - Available Models

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,581 Posts
I also have a 2020RC Pathfinder. Has anybody tried to install a Carplay enabled head unit from another Nissan (ie. Titan)? I would think this would maintain all controls, functions and speed of the interface. Here is a list of other Nissan's that support Carplay iOS - CarPlay - Available Models

Thoughts?
If it doesn't specifically list Pathfinder, I wouldn't count on it. The Pathy seems to be the ******* child when it comes to Nissan updating it's electronics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If it doesn't specifically list Pathfinder, I wouldn't count on it. The Pathy seems to be the *** child when it comes to Nissan updating it's electronics.
I understand the Pathfinder is NOT on the list. Can we take the head unit of one of those Nissan's on the list and swap it into the Pathfinder, has anybody tried that?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts