Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. I bought my pathfinder about a 7 months ago. I noticed in the summer that the ac was very cold but didn’t think anything of it. When we hit the cold weather, I noticed that the intensity of the heat did not change from max down to around 62 degrees. 62 degrees is uncomfy cold and 63 degrees is like 85 degrees. Haven’t brought it to Nissan yet but looking to see if there is anyone else out there so I have all my ducks in a row when the dealer tells me it’s nothing. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,522 Posts
What year is your Pathfinder?

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
806 Posts
I don't drive our 2019 SV model often, it's my wife's car, but what you describe about the HVAC system is how ours feels to me. Try keeping it in manual mode, not automatic. I think my wife mostly keeps the HVAC system in manual mode because of what you describe.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
806 Posts
Always in manual mode. Thank you for the input
I wonder if you might have a wonky coolant thermostat?

Thinking about this further, once she's up to temp, our 2019 SV will pump out some heat. Our pathfinders have a ridiculously complicated HVAC system IMO. You have your blower, heater core and evap core in the dash, There is a blower in the center console for force ducted heat or ac out the second row vents, then there is another blower an A/C evaporator coil and I believe an heating element in the 3rd row system. In extreme cold, you won't get much heat to the 3rd row given that's mostly for A/C.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts