Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help. 2019 Console vents that blow to the middle row have very low air flow on max speed. Makes a lot of noise but little air movement. Sat in coworkers 2015 Pathfinder and the middle row console ac vents blows very powerfully. 100 degrees outside and the middle row is sweltering. Anyone know a fix for this?

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,986 Posts
Others have had your complaint. I suggest you do a forum search for air flow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Others have had your complaint. I suggest you do a forum search for air flow.
I spent close to an hour reviewing the forum before I posted that. I noticed that it was a problem that was asked many times, but could not find any posts in the forum that identified the solution. I posted a new question in hopes that whoever found the solution would reply. Thank you.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,478 Posts
How long have you owned your 2019 and is it a definite change from what it was before with the air flow out of the console to the 2nd row?

The center console has a blower fan built into it, just for those particular vents. It sounds like something is clogging that fan maybe? I don't believe their are blend doors associated with the 2nd row system. Just ducting and the fan/blower. Look up parts diagrams to get a feel for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How long have you owned your 2019 and is it a definite change from what it was before with the air flow out of the console to the 2nd row?

The center console has a blower fan built into it, just for those particular vents. It sounds like something is clogging that fan maybe? I don't believe their are blend doors associated with the 2nd row system. Just ducting and the fan/blower. Look up parts diagrams to get a feel for it.
I’ve owned it since new and never realized how weak the air flow was until I sat in my coworkers 2015 and noted that the vents blow as strong as the front on high. The 2nd row on high feels like the front row on low for comparison. I do agree that it seems as if it’s clogged. I’ll take a look for the diagrams.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,478 Posts
I'll have to check, but I'm pretty certain the air flow is not strong out of the 2nd row in our 2019 as well.

There are differences between the 2013-2016 and 2017-2021 Pathfinders, so it's hard to compare the two with 100% certainty, but the 2nd row HVAC might be the same.

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,370 Posts
I know mine makes a lot of noise on high to the point that I avoid running it on that setting. Not sure how much it really blows. I'm curious now so I'll check sometime this week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll have to check, but I'm pretty certain the air flow is not strong out of the 2nd row in our 2019 as well.

There are differences between the 2013-2016 and 2017-2021 Pathfinders, so it's hard to compare the two with 100% certainty, but the 2nd row HVAC might be the same.
SOLUTION FOUND

found a console diagram and removed the 2nd row vents from the console. Upon removing the vents I noted the ducting was misaligned from the factory. I repositioned the plastic ducting correctly and the vents are blowing air very forcefully now. We’ve dealt with this since 2019 and assumed that Nissan designed it that way. Hope this helps someone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts