Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 cruise control apparently designed to require a complete shut down of the system to reset what the radar thinks is a collision (or almost collision -- turns on the amber crash light and turns off the cruise control system). Have looked through all the documentation that came with the car and it appears that there is no way to reset the system short of being at a full stop and shutting the engine down followed by a restart. Pretty irritating when the system reacts to a semi re-entering a lane to close and the radar deciding that the system has detected an issue. Is there any way to reset the warning and turn the cruise control back on that is not documented clearly? If so what is it??? Bad enough the car brakes for me whether I need it or not, shutting down the cruise control system compounds the problem.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
2019 cruise control apparently designed to require a complete shut down of the system to reset what the radar thinks is a collision (or almost collision -- turns on the amber crash light and turns off the cruise control system). Have looked through all the documentation that came with the car and it appears that there is no way to reset the system short of being at a full stop and shutting the engine down followed by a restart. Pretty irritating when the system reacts to a semi re-entering a lane to close and the radar deciding that the system has detected an issue. Is there any way to reset the warning and turn the cruise control back on that is not documented clearly? If so what is it??? Bad enough the car brakes for me whether I need it or not, shutting down the cruise control system compounds the problem.

Thanks!!
my 2018 adaptive cruise does not behave this way. I have had several instances of brakes being applied when someone crosses my path or is turning left in a left turn lane. once path is clear it just resumes speed. no lights. This is not the emergency braking. That has yet to come on.
If yours is the Emergency braking it will react with or without cruise control.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts