Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2018 PF 4x4 SL and with towing capacity of 6,000lb. We recently bought a camper with dry weight of 4,000lb and equalizer hitch. The PF tows the camper, loaded to about 4,800lb at max, beautifully, except for some squat. We are about 3inches in sagging with the camper riding level. We have been told that there are no air suspension addition options, so I feel kinda stuck. Any suggestions to reduce our squat?

Thanks,
CK

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,786 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

There are stiffer springs and air bags, run a search for any of those two. Some members have successfully installed them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We have 2017 PF and tow a 4700 lb camper (3950 dry) with little sag. Weight distribution hitch brought front and back wheel wells to within 1/2 inch of no hitch distance to ground. Make sure what you carry in camper is distributed more to rear to reduce tongue weight and your WDH was set up correctly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I recently bought a set of helper air bags and will be installing them in the next week or two. I noticed the sag even with 4 people and full luggage. Didn't want to do the stiffer springs as it would affect the everyday ride. I got there from here (1st post, can't post links so going the long way):
etrailer dot com
search for Pathfinder Suspension Enhancement

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,612 Posts
I noticed the sag even with 4 people and full luggage.

Yup! My 2013 with OEM suspension bottoms out with 7 passengers going over a bump.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I recently bought a set of helper air bags and will be installing them in the next week or two. I noticed the sag even with 4 people and full luggage. Didn't want to do the stiffer springs as it would affect the everyday ride. I got there from here (1st post, can't post links so going the long way):
etrailer dot com
search for Pathfinder Suspension Enhancement
Following this closely. Considering pulling the trigger on the same system from the same website. Just experienced major SQUAT hauling the family to the Outer Banks last week. Family of 4, fully loaded with top cargo bag and receiver back rack. Lots of squat for our maiden vacation in the 2019 PF.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Amazon sells a inexpensive airbag unit. Super easy to install and last on average 3yrs. No air system requirements. Just put the psi you want/need and extremely easy to install. Tons of youtube videos to show how to install.

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, that is the same system I just installed and linked to in my initial post. I just got back from vacation and used them from upstate NY to Ocean City, MD with a FULL car, 5 adults, and roof box full of vacation crap (I mean goodness). I was very happy with the ride and lack of sag when fully loaded. I will work up a how to install post next but (spoiler) the whole thing took about 1 hour to do. I set mine at 25 lbs and do not notice a change in ride quality when riding solo. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
3 Posts
what psi are you all leaving in your airbag coil helpers? When towing I set mine to 30psi. What about around town... I don't notice any change in the ride quality.

·
Registered
34 Posts
6000lbs yes but remember that some of that weight becomes payload on the car.

Next time you are fully loaded go to a cat scale.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts