Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the manual setting with the a/c off, between 63 and 90 it is hot and doesn't change until you get to 62 then it's cold. If you have the a/c on the temp will change fine. If you have it on Auto the temp will change on its own between the defrost and the floor. The dealer told me that I have to use Auto and that Nissan didn't make manual to work like that. I just can't believe that Nissan would make the manual setting so that you couldn't change the temperature.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
819 Posts
I'm assuming it's hot in the cabin when you dial in 63F?

I hear you on the HVAC controls though. I don't care for it on my 2019. I can never get a comfortable temp it seems. Either too hot or too cold.

My engine cooling fans run all the time the HVAC system is in the "on" position as well which frustrates me. Doesn't matter if the system is in auto or manual. Doesn't matter if it's a 0degF cold start, the fans will be on at low speed because the HVAC system is on.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,692 Posts
What is the ambient temperature?
If it is below 63, it should heat when set at 63 or higher. You also need to give it time to reach an equilibrium and the best way to accelerate that is to increase the fan speed.

My wife always keeps the fan speed at the minimum and then she is cranking up the cabin temp so you get super hot air coming out the vents but the majority of the cabin is cold. It is like trying to heat a whole house with a fireplace. No matter how many times I say it, l always find the controls back to that whenever I drive it.

So you need air to recirculate for your temperature sensors to do what they are intended to do.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow, I've had the exact same behavior with a 2014 S. I regret not making an issue of it while under warranty. I've never owned a car that you couldn't adjust the heat. It's either super hot (64-90) or cold at 60-63. So strange. The auto mode is terrible because it blasts full fan while cold for minutes until it gets warm. And my last HVAC rant, I can't stand the AC turning on whenever I turn off outside air or the backseat turns on auto. I get the convenience they're trying to offer but I'd rather have the option to choose.

I had after market heated seats installed so the heat thing doesn't bother me as much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts