Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm going to start a very slow (budget constrained) LED conversion of my 2018 SL Midnight Edition. I'm going to do fog lamps first. I'll post here as I replace components, and figure out how to take and post some pics as well. First question for this board, since I can't find it in the manual or after a reasonably effort searching:

What is the color temp for the 2018 driving light leds? I'm thinking 6000k but want to get it correct out-of-the-gate so I don't have to blow budget on do-overs. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have done the LED upgrade for white lights in and out. I purchased 6000K high, low and fog bulbs. They are slightly bluer than the DRLs so I'm guessing the factory DRLs are 5000-5500K. I remember years ago reading that 5300K is pure white. Higher starts adding a blue tint. I could not find any cheap 5000-5500K bulbs and I am happy with the results using 6000K.

·
Registered
130 Posts
5000K is definitely pure white. That is the temperature I have on my Low beam HID kit and it is much more white than 6000k which has a hint of blue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts