Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SL
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck has 28,000 miles and purchased CPO in December. Took the car out in the snow today to run errands and when I got home the windshield wipers would not turn off, even after the car turned off. Stalk was returned to the "off" position and I tried moving it up and down several times and returning to the "off" position.

They remained running for about 20 minutes while I freaked out about waking up to a dead battery before I used the remote start and let the car run the cycle until it shut off on its own. The wipers stopped when the car shut down.

I have never seen anything like this in my life, anyone else? I feel like if it were a bad fuse they just wouldn't work.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Correct. It can't be a bad fuse. If you have access to a scantool that can communicate with the BCM and IPDM, there are a bunch of things you could quickly eliminate.

The wiper switch signal goes to the BCM, the BCM tells the IPDM to turn on the wiper relays, those power the wiper motor.

It could be the wiper switch, BCM, IPDM, or a short to ground before the motor. In this case it could actually be the motor assembly too because there is a switch that is part of it.

Are you planning on diagnosing this yourself or bringing it somewhere?

·
Registered
2017 SL
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem has not replicated itself since, so I'm hoping that it was snow-related. My hypothesis is that the snow on the windshield (under the wipers) didn't allow the wipers to return to "home" and, as a result, they kept running.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts