Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hitched up my trailer, only 3000lbs, and I had such a Dip.
Any reccomendations??

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum! As a newbie here, I suggest you do a search in the Search Community box above. There are solutions to be found.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any reccomendations??
There is a lot to learn about trailer towing. Start by gathering data about your rig. You need "year, make, model" of both the tow vehicle and the trailer. Pictures are wonderful. Next check the sticker in the driver's door frame for weights. There are usually two stickers, one for tires and one for the rest of the vehicle. If it is a travel trailer, it too will have the weight information on the driver's side near the front.

So, rear end droops when trailer is hooked up means a heavy load on the trailer tongue. For a travel trailer, a weight distribution hitch is the best way to improve the level and increase stability. However, the weight on the tongue is important information. Many PF hitches are limited to 500 pounds. Load up the trailer and weigh the tongue, then buy a weight distribution hitch to match.

Utility trailer are pulled empty, full, and anything in between. Often air bags work better because they are easier to adjust to the load.

You can see that much more information is required to solve your problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Any reccomendations??
Sounds like you need a weight distribution hitch...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Suggest both what grdault and sr1992 said. Even staying within all your weight limits (passengers+cargo, tongue wt, etc) PF is going to sag. On this car weight distribution hitch a must for any size trailer imho, just don't overdo it (cuz adds to your overall load) get just the right size range for your camper. I used the Firestone bags also with the hitch - you have to lift rear of the car with a jack to expand the coil springs so you can fit them in when installing. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts