Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Pathfinder salvaged at an auto yard fixed it ... damage was to the driverside rear quarter ..... its a 2017 with 19k miles ... well after driving on it for about 1k miles check engine light comes on i take it to autozone get it hooked up to a reader.threw a code at me... P0087 something avout a low pressure to the fuel rail .... darnedest thing no issues with performance or gas miles ... I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on which it could be ... a bad fuel pump or injectors or what! Lol please help i understand cars about as much as i do women ... no offense ladies 馃槈 any advice would be greatly appreciated

Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
Welcome to the forum! I admire your moxie of buying and fixing a salvage vehicle when you don't understand cars, lol!

Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
Yeah, I'm not sure on this one. Our 2017+ Pathfinders have direct fuel injection. There's an electronic fuel pump in the gas tank that delivers fuel to the high pressure fuel pump that's driven by the engine. The actual fuel rail to the injectors sees very high pressures, unlike conventional fuel injection that's relatively low pressure. If you're not having any driveability, performance or fuel economy problems, I'd clear the code and see if it comes back. 2017 was the first year for direct injection.

Registered
I had some wierd fuel inj code on my 2018, ran fine.
They did software update, all good. didnt do any wrenching !

Reactions: PoManzPathy
1 - 6 of 6 Posts