Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have about 1000miles on the car. But I don't understand how PF is displaying Average MPG. It goes 7.2 for 300miles. Then jumps to 20 for next tank - about 350miles than goes to 99.9 for next 100miles. Back to 30. You step on it Ave-MPG gets better after 5min. etc. It's all over the place.

Generally I'm getting about 18-20 when I calculate it manually (i live in steep hills and do a lot of short trips in town) but what is up with displaying random numbers. Resetting works for a little bit but I'm just generally confused on how Ave MPG is displayed and calculated.

On all cars I owned before you get Ave-MPG from zero-ing the trip. Ave for trip A. Ave for trip B. Ave for total. Simple and informative.

This PF 2017 is making numbers out of the blue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I only have about 1000miles on the car. But I don't understand how PF is displaying Average MPG. It goes 7.2 for 300miles. Then jumps to 20 for next tank - about 350miles than goes to 99.9 for next 100miles. Back to 30. You step on it Ave-MPG gets better after 5min. etc. It's all over the place.

Generally I'm getting about 18-20 when I calculate it manually (i live in steep hills and do a lot of short trips in town) but what is up with displaying random numbers. Resetting works for a little bit but I'm just generally confused on how Ave MPG is displayed and calculated.

On all cars I owned before you get Ave-MPG from zero-ing the trip. Ave for trip A. Ave for trip B. Ave for total. Simple and informative.

This PF 2017 is making numbers out of the blue.
Good question... I'm going to check mine later this evening. So far, I've only used the realtime performance gauges and the readings will fluctuate as you drive. Haven't found the AVG MPG screen yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
First, which mpg screen are you referring to? Theres the one in the dash, and theres a seperate one in the headunit/radio.

they're not linked, from what I can tell, the radio one is more of an average over a shorter length on time and is constantly updating. The one in the dash is a continuous run from the last time you manually reset it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes! Thank you for posting this. I intended to post this same thing today. I've noticed on the center display (radio), where it shows real time MPG and average MPG, it is definitely all over the place. I've noticed it resets itself pretty regularly, which is why it's all over the place. For example, if I'm driving up a hill and it resets (so far it seems random when it happens) then my average MPG will be very low. It seems to reset every couple days or more,, so it is unreliable to use the average MPG from the center display.

The display on the dash does not have this same problem and seems consistent on MPG readings. I have jotted this problem down to bring up with the dealership when I bring it in for it's first oil change. Hoping there is some firmware update to fix it!

This issue did not exist on my 16 Platinum.

·
Registered
132 Posts
mine just started displaying 99.9 mpg on the center console display. i was driving at the time it changed.

how do you fix it??

·
Registered
132 Posts
It seems your center screen stopped receiving the speed info. Can you now change restricted settings while driving?
i did not try to change any settings while driving - if it happens again, i'll try to get to stuff and let you know.

when i had to fill the tank i reset that and the dash and it's back to normal now.

i'm wondering if the fact that i'd forgotten to reset it after filling the tank up the previous time is caused this error...the display popped up to the 99.9 when the second tankful was down to just under half full. kind of seems there might be a connection...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts