Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks goodness I purchased the extended warranty.

I didn't do a lot of research on the CVT before I got the car, salesman assured me that CVT was an issue in past like 2012 but been pretty good since then. Clearly not the case...

Don't know yet how long they will have it for.

I also had an LED go where the odometer is on the dash they have to replace the whole console to fix it!

First and probably last Nissan, should have stuck with Toyota where I came from. When I was looking the highlander was a 3+month wait for it so I tried Nissan.....

Is there anything I should be asking or doing to notify any BBB or Safety groups or does Nissan relay failures to agencies? Is there any compensation suit going on I should be aware of? I'm in Canada

Thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
what happened? did it suddenly stop working?

won't the warranty fix it?

why would you expect $ from it?

cars break, some more than others.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought it new

So symptoms for me were

2-3 weeks of like a growling noise when I would hit\tap the gas.
Then on the weekend was doing a 2 hr drive on HWY and was going from 80-100 and started lurching. I can only describe it like going up the hill on a roller-coaster before the big dip.

It would do it 4-5 times then settle down. It seemed to only happen when the car had been driving for a bit also. When I got to my destination I was there for 40 minutes and it didn't happen again until about half way through my return trip.

The dealership said they couldn't reproduce it the next day on their test drive but I refused to take it back until they could figure it out. The technician drove it to his home about 40 min away and experienced it on the way home and the way back.

I don't know if the growling noise was related but that's just my guess.

Waiting to see what they say about an Eta. Was thinking about asking them for a buyback or some compensation, now that my car will be known to have a replacement transmission. From what I have read here the replacement could also be hit or miss.

Thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
Growling noise... hmm... when I'm going less than 50 KM/hr and I barely put the gas on, I get this, but I think that's just how the CVT sounds (I hope). More of a "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" noise.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Growling noise... hmm... when I'm going less than 50 KM/hr and I barely put the gas on, I get this, but I think that's just how the CVT sounds (I hope). More of a "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" noise.
Re Growling noise. I didn't have it before it happened about 3 weeks before the shutter did. It was a noticeable increase in any sounds I had heard before.

My Vehicle should be done today, they said they had the transmission replacement in stock. to which I replied that it was odd to have something like that as a "Stock" item unless they were seeing it a lot ???

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what happened? did it suddenly stop working?

won't the warranty fix it?
why would you expect $ from it?
cars break, some more than others.
Yes But at this point Extended Warranty, not sure if they would have paid as it was out of standard warranty

Class action lawsuit, it's a known issue that has been going on for years. Think VW, people were given the option for Dealer Buyback because of their issues.

Agreed that's why they rely on recalls for continuous issues that are repetitive. and also why I tend to rely on Foreign makers and not Ford, Chev, Chrysler as much. Was hoping Nissan would be better.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts