Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well I can't understand it and it looks too much like a **** car and not a truck.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well I can't understand it and it looks too much like a **** car and not a truck.
It looks like its the D23 Nissan Navara. Its a very handsome looking vehicle, and much like the re-designed Chevy Colorado, it's the direction that most "light trucks" are going to: refined and sleek, more for the urban weekend warrior then the guy with a ranch and 300 head of cattle to feed. Contrast that with most medium duty trucks, which are getting more masculine and blocky with every subsequent redesign, and you get a light truck that is still capable, but closer to a CUV in looks then anything else. Keep in mind, there are a percentage of women out there who are truck buyers, so you have to cast your nets a little wider and make your offerings more appealing to the target audience.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You're right that Cummins is a highly-regarded maker of diesel engines. Some might say they make the "best" diesels, but I don't know enough to offer an opinion. They are, however, very reputable.

Nissan Frontiers, at least in North America, do not and did not ever use Cummins engines. The current model uses a high-displacement VQ40, a bored-out version of the VQ35. The VQ series of engines (I think they're all V6s) are a venerable and reliable line of powerplants made by Nissan. They date back to at least 2000, maybe earlier.

I don't think the R52 Pathfinder uses this engine, btw, but our Pathy engines are quite good themselves. I'm not sure if they've been proven over a decade and a half like the VQ line, but in my opinion they seem solid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts