Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Im putting one in from my boat that I have used for a few years made by THOR mfg. (china knock off) its been reliable for power tools & chargers, laptop, fans, tv, strings of leds lights, out in the woods or the lakes its a 5k watt unit, ceramic ball bearing fans. I have to run a fused breaker at the battery 1 gauge power cable (welding cable) from the battery to the back so I can plug & unplug for specific trips when needed. Peak wattage always make people confused, it is really not a helpful data. A 2200Watt inverter, can only use for 2200Watt and below appliances, and I need to install a power transfer switch which will automatically disconnect the inverter when you plug into shore/land power. (Or you can do it the old fashioned method with turning off the inverter input circuit breaker and turning on the main input power circuit breaker on your RV or boats panel for example, just that im the only one doing it so others have to have patience till I arrive or get there before them lol) To me this is overkill on my part till I get a smaller unit as I have to frequently run the engine to keep from going below 10v to me its best to have 2 large bank 12v gel deep cycle batteries but it works this way decently

1 - 2 of 2 Posts