Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, anyone know the cause of the 3 quiet beeps we sporadically hear?

Some info about beeps:

- beeps are quiet. Quieter than blind spot and trunk beeps.
- usually 3 in a row
- it is NOT related to blind spot checker or the trunk. It's a different beep.
- there are no warning lights on the consol when it happens
- tire PSI are 38/38/38/39 so I don't think it's related to that
- it usually happens while we're driving
- it sounds like it's coming from the front consol, right hand side
- the passenger air bag light does NOT light up at the same time
- it has been going on for 1.5 months, but not every time we drive.

Driving us crazy! Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
276 Posts
maybe the fuel door is open??

Reactions: Nagem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good thought. I heard the beep while I was just driving so I checked door now and it is closed. So it is not that. Thanks for your assistance though.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,576 Posts
Maybe you have a beeping bug stuck in the cabin air filter.....:red-neck-laughing:

3 beeps sounds like the ones I hear when I step out of the car (carrying the key) and leave the engine running. Do you have your key close to the ignition or do you have it in a bag that you would throw in the back seat?

Ask someone to take the key (remote) away while the car is running to compare the beeps, maybe your PF is not detecting the right location of the key.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just checked. It's not a toy or electronic device. But you just reminded me of something: my 2-year old daughter put coins into the DVD player and jammed it. Do you think it is that? The player trying to eject what is in there?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Maybe you have a beeping bug stuck in the cabin air filter.....:red-neck-laughing:

3 beeps sounds like the ones I hear when I step out of the car (carrying the key) and leave the engine running. Do you have your key close to the ignition or do you have it in a bag that you would throw in the back seat?

Ask someone to take the key (remote) away while the car is running to compare the beeps, maybe your PF is not detecting the right location of the key.
Agreed, the description matches the proximity alert beeps if the car can't sense the key while still running. Did the OP mention if they've had any issues with the remote, perhaps the battery inside is failing and the car can't read it all the time?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Agreed, the description matches the proximity alert beeps if the car can't sense the key while still running. Did the OP mention if they've had any issues with the remote, perhaps the battery inside is failing and the car can't read it all the time?
The vehicle would also display the "No Key Detected" message if that were the case.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just checked. It's not a toy or electronic device. But you just reminded me of something: my 2-year old daughter put coins into the DVD player and jammed it. Do you think it is that? The player trying to eject what is in there?
LOL! that might be the culprit!

·
Registered
212 Posts
As already stated by two others, the three soft beeps is the key proximity alert.

·
Registered
212 Posts
hmm, the key proximity alert isn't very "soft" in the wife's 2015 PF. It's quite distinct and loud.
LOL

It's all subjective. Soft at least compared to the annoying beeps from the auto lift gate which sound like you're about to be backed over by a bulldozer.

·
Registered
210 Posts
LOL

It's all subjective. Soft at least compared to the annoying beeps from the auto lift gate which sound like you're about to be backed over by a bulldozer.

Although.....he did say the three beeps are quieter than the Blind Spot beeps and in my wife's 2015 pathfinder the no key detected beeps are definitely louder than the blind spot beeps, which when I think about it, doesn't make sense. You'd think the blind spot beeps would be much louder (or maybe the accompanying road noise that is present when the blind spot beeps go off kinda mute those beeps a bit).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did anyone locate the root cause of these beeps? This just started on my PF.

Definitely not the 'no key detected' beep and no warning - this is much louder. If you press the camera button on the dash, you get the same soft beep tone. I am getting 3 soft beeps in a row and no other warnings. Sounds like it is coming from the head unit and no one jammed any coins in my dvd slot.

It happens randomly and repeatedly for about 5 minutes then goes away.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not on our PF, but on our Altima with front radar for AEB and Navigation, this beeps happens sometimes while driving, it could be related to those. Not sure though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think I may have found the reason for this. Googling led to a discussion on the Murano forum.

Checking the maintenance section on mine showed that my “Other” maintenance reminder had exceeded maximum mileage. Resetting seemed to stop the 3 beeps.

I assume as there isn’t an actual reminder, oil/tires, that there isn’t a warning to put on the screen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you!! It’s thr
thank you!! This post from 5 years ago helped me realize that the CD was upside down. We had a bunch of kids in the vehicle during camping and now I know why the other dads don’t let their kids play in the vehicles for fun anymore. They warned me.. thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts