Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably not

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 pathfinder. It's my family car and so I haven't ever done much work on it. Anyways, I've searched and searched, and can't find a solution. The actuator for the tailgate seems to be broken.. I am wondering if their is a control module or a relay somewhere or how it works and what to replace. To open it, i have to climb through the interior and do a manual release, which makes it about completely useless. Very frustrating, i bought this car with minimal options to avoid having kids break things un necessarily and still has to have a power actuated lift gate to break.

also had to replace my cooling fan assembly today, that's 500 bucks down the drain. My audi s7 fan cost me 125, insane a pathfinder costs more but oh well. so far I gotta be honest, I hate my pathfinder, sorry guys. Change my mind.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,009 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

So, you only have had those two issues, fans and lift gate? And you are that upset.... man, I see your frustration but that is nothing compared to what some of us have gone through. Not saying it is ok to have issues.

If I understand correctly what is not working on yours if the lock, it won't unlock when you press the button next to the plate lights, right? Do you have a power lift gate? Add your trim/year to your profile for reference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi sir, thanks for the reply. It is a 2015 pathfinder 4wd. I dont see any trim identifiers like sv or platinum. But inclidung a picture of rhe options sticker.(see picture)

Yes the liftgate is not power but there seems to be an electronic relay or actuator to actually release the tailgate inside is a white piece of plastic (see picture)that can move to release manually.. key release nor the button on the back (niether of them) work.

And im upset because its been one thing after another with this car. Most things i fixed like thermostat, fuel injectors, ignition coils, muffler hangers... one other thing still broken is the electric shift lock release but a pen stuck in the console solved that ha. ( see picture)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts