Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I own a 2015 Pathfinder SL tech, and last week the left/driver's quadrant of the all-around camera went out. It is showing gray instead of a camera view.

It looks like it's positioned in the driver's side mirror, and I see no obvious signs of damage to the mirror, so I'm wondering if it's a loose connection. I can't find any service manuals for this year online.

I found a few posts that suggest reseating/re-plugging various wires along the path - however I don't know where this cable terminates and don't want to look everywhere.

1- would anyone be willing to send me the service manuals for this year for future reference?
2- would anyone know where there's some connection points I might try reseating to get this back? (does this terminate in the radio/av unit area, or is there another connection point around the body)
3- are there any fuses I should try? I have no other electrical issues presently (and no warning lights), so I suspect it's a reseat rather than a fuse, but I'm willing to try other things!

Just trying to save a trip to the dealer, I saw @jman's post that said it took them days to re-align his camera. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
D'oh. It wants me to check continuity between the mirror and the control unit, which appears to be (at a quick read) in the center console. That sounds not fun.

Perhaps I can just try to re-seat the mirror side. That at least sounds not terrible.

·
Super Moderator
1,886 Posts
If I were you I'd try another camera first, the challenge is to get someone to lend you their mirror.
Something you could try is removing both mirrors and connecting the right mirror on the left side. That should tell you right away if the issue is/isn't the camera. If you do it, make sure the engine and acc are off when you plug/unplug them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts