Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 Pathfinder is suddenly making a tinny (think aluminum pie plate noise) when making right turns. There is no noise while the truck is going straight. I'm getting new jack stands today to put it up and see whats possible going on. Don't really know what to look for except brake pads. It has 37,000. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i've heard the same kind of metallic noise when making left turns - i have a 2017 that just topped 3,000 miles.

i have no idea what it is - i'm due for putting this thing in for a look-see again - with a much longer list than previously (plus the 3k oil change).

if anyone has any ideas as to what could be the cause, the info will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Turn your wheel all the way right/left and make a full circle (round abouts work perfect) . If you hear clicking or small thuds I'd say it's your axles. Just replaced mine and now I'm looking for info on refilling the transfer case. If anyone knows where I can find that for 2015 pathfinder I would appreciate it

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'd bet vital parts of my anatomy that one of the brake backing plates is scraping on the rotor. I see it every day. You just have to bend it away from the rotor. It usually happens when a rust ridge builds out on the outer edges.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts