2015 Pathfinder NISMO photos - NOT!

10K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Serpent 
#1 · (Edited)
The real Juke Nismo concept car

Here is a photo of the Juke Nismo.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Pathfinder is inherently not a platform that can be made sporty. The body has too much flex, and the MPG advantage would vanish if throttle response was made more immediate.

I own a Juke, and it's a much sportier platform from the get-go. Pretty much a Japanese Mini Cooper S. Nismo treatment makes sense there.

Once I tried making a soft but fast car into a sporty one - a Lexus GS430. After all the suspension upgrades and chassis bracing, it started to feel pretty good, but also the windshield seals started to leak because the body was not designed to take that kind of stress.

So yeah, there will be no Pathfinder Nismo.

#10 ·
Ok so a NISMO Pathfinder isn't likely to happen, but the styling package would be really cool. A special edition Pathfinder could have the styling package and add in some other features. It wouldn't be a performance model, but it would have an appeal to some of the same sorts of people.

#15 ·
I wish Nissan had a Nismo version of all of their cars. But that'd water down the Nismo name tag. So I understand why they don't do that.

Like was said above, I just wish there were a few companies who made aftermarket parts for this gen pathfinder. Stillen would be great (I have several parts from them for my '11 maxima), but they're not on board yet. I'm FB friends with a rep from stillen and have tried digging for more info, but he had none to give. ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.