Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Pathfinder S with 117k. I was on my way home yesterday and started to pass someone on the highway. When the car got up to about 4500rpm it started to sputter real bad. It did this two more times at around 4500rpm do I stopped at a store. 15 minutes later I got in and tried to recreate the problem but it ran fine. After I made it home I let the car sit for about 4 hours(my driveway is at an incline) and was going to the store and it wouldn't start. It will turn over though. My dad let me borrow and older OBDII scanner he has. It communicates with the computers but days there are no stored codes. Currently the check engine, batt, and PS light are on when you engage the ignition without starting. I bought a new scanner and should get it sometime today, but I was wondering if anybody has had similar problems? Thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
When you get the tool, go to live data, fully warm it up, and see what the short term and long term fuel trims are on both banks.

A quick and easy fuel delivery test is to run it full throttle while watching the rear o2 and front a/f data. Fuel trims would probably work too, but I've never tried. Rear o2 voltage should go up and stay near 800mv (.8v) the whole time under WOT and a/f sensors will probably go down a little from 2.2v. Rear o2 is easier to watch here though. If it drops at all, you likely have a fuel delivery issue. Id check fuel pressure if it fails this test.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you get the tool, go to live data, fully warm it up, and see what the short term and long term fuel trims are on both banks.

A quick and easy fuel delivery test is to run it full throttle while watching the rear o2 and front a/f data. Fuel trims would probably work too, but I've never tried. Rear o2 voltage should go up and stay near 800mv (.8v) the whole time under WOT and a/f sensors will probably go down a little from 2.2v. Rear o2 is easier to watch here though. If it drops at all, you likely have a fuel delivery issue. Id check fuel pressure if it fails this test.

Well, I borrowed my brothers scanner cause the one I bought wouldn't work with the car. It throws a P17F1 code. Nissan dealership wants $140 for diagnostics and $4800 to replace trans if it's bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Also, the dealership that wants to charge this money is the same dealership that performed my vehicle transmission service about 3 weeks prior to the problem starting. I have already filed a complaint with Nissan Consumer Affairs and the BBB. Next I'm gonna call my local news station.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
955 Posts

That's the type of diag I don't mind paying $140/hr for.

Problem is, I'm not sure your average shop would have the know how to do this or care to do it over just swapping parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the type of diag I don't mind paying $140/hr for.

Problem is, I'm not sure your average shop would have the know how to do this or care to do it over just swapping parts.
Yep. It just sucks because I've never had any problems with this vehicle until this dealership touched it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts