Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have just joined the forum and have found it very useful, so thanks to everyone for their hints and tips. There doesn't seem to be anything else around in Australia.

I recently purchased a second hand genuine Nissan towbar and harness for my 2014 R52 ST from a wrecking yard. Looking at the wiring harness, is looks nothing like the 999T8 XZ000 - Trailer Hitch Harness Kit instructions available from Nissan. It is connected to a 7 pin flat connector, so I am wondering of the wiring is different as it is using a 7 pin flat.

The towbar came off a same year and model R52 as mine, and I assume a dealer fitted it from new (although the workmanship is pretty crap - even with a makeshift braket). The parts appear to be genuine Nissan. The relay box looks completely different. I checked the relay box under the bonnet and it appears the 2 additional relays required are already there?

I have attached a picture with an arrow pointing to a random wire. Listening to some after market videos on YouTube, it appears that 7 pin flat connectors don't use the second harnass connection near the exhaust, and need to be earthed separately. Could this random wire potentially be an earth wire? Or have I been ripped off and not given the proper connection that should be there.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. In Australia, we don't have the after market harness options available like the US, and I was quoted nearly AU$400 from Nissan for a new one (I would rather not pay that if I can avoid it).

If you see anything else obscure with this configuration, please let me know.

Thank you,
Terry

Attachments

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,015 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Australia and North America have different standards, this could be one of them. I've never seen a 7 pin flat harness here, its either a 7 pin round or a 4 pin flat.
Are you planning to tow a trailer equipped with electric brakes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.
Australia and North America have different standards, this could be one of them. I've never seen a 7 pin flat harness here, its either a 7 pin round or a 4 pin flat.
Are you planning to tow a trailer equipped with electric brakes?
Thanks for the welcome jman and your reply.

Yeah we use both here in Australia, the flat is probably more for aethetics and size more than anything.

No, my trailer is just a conventional trailer, no brakes.

Cheers.

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,015 Posts
Can't really help you with what you have. Here is what is available around here, T-connectors is the way to go to avoid cutting any wires. As you can see, there are many options for 4 and 7 pin. You should be able to find something similar in your area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts