Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for feedback on what could be causing a recent issue with our 2014 Nissan Pathfinder. We've had the car since it was new, and it's not used excessively since we live in the city and mostly use it for weekend shopping/ to get outside of the city. So maybe 40K miles.

A few weeks ago, I walked out to the car to find the wipers on despite the car being off. It freaked me out. When I turned the car on and then off again, it seemed to resolve. But since then, we've had issues using the wipers. When I turn them on, they only work for about 45 seconds before stopping, with the blades halfway across the windshield/ not returning to the base.

We tried to drive in the rain recently and had to stop. The wipers would come on 45 seconds, stop midway and remain off for a minute, and then start up on their own again. Then erratically stop again.

Is it fuses? Something loose? Electric issues?

The rear window/ back wipers are fine.

We'd like to have an idea of the problem before bringing it into the mechanic. Sad to say we are NOT car people... This is our first car that we bought in 2015 and my husband doesn't even have a driver's license as a city slicker.... HELP!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the suggestion. We tried the battery trick, and it unfortunately didn't fix this particular electrical gremlin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wanted to follow up on this item in case anyone is looking up a similar issue in the future. Took the car to the mechanic, and they ran some tests without really looking under the hood. Suggested we take it to the dealer before they explored a lot of various issues - they suspected it could even be a motor issue.

Took it to the dealer, and it turns out the issue was caused by rodents chewing on wires!!!!!! Common issue in NYC though it had never happened to me personally. Must have occurred when I didn't use the car during one of our last snowstorms for a few days and left it parked on the street... Mystery solved.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,614 Posts
Thanks for the followup!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts