Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far, everyone is assuming that new parts and programming are in the 2014 Pathfinders that eliminate the transmission shudder/judder. Starting this thread with the hopes that owners of 2014 Pathfinders will report any transmission problems, or lack of problems in response to this thread. Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Picking up our 2014 Platinum 4x4 tomorrow after work... Tentatively excited :)

Will post back once we've had it a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
great idea lewist. It'll be interesting to see the outcome.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will say that I drove a 2014 two weeks ago for over 20 minutes in a very hilly urban area, and a very hilly highway area, and could not get it to do any shuddering or juddering. Still not long term proof that the 2014's have a "fixed" CVT yet.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I will say that I drove a 2014 two weeks ago for over 20 minutes in a very hilly urban area, and a very hilly highway area, and could not get it to do any shuddering or juddering. Still not long term proof that the 2014's have a "fixed" CVT yet.
yeah most of the 2013 models didn't start showing a problem until 500+ miles, so a test drive simply won't cut it.

Give it a few weeks for people to get their 2014 models and break them in, then we'll start knowing for sure.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
yeah most of the 2013 models didn't start showing a problem until 500+ miles, so a test drive simply won't cut it.

Give it a few weeks for people to get their 2014 models and break them in, then we'll start knowing for sure.
seems like as people get closer to the end of the break-in process things like this start showing up.

At least we know what time frame to give until deeming a PF good or bad.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mine has a build date of Nov 2012. Thought maybe a very slight judder after I picked it up, but nothing since. I think I was just paranoid about it and may have imagined it. 3200 miles so far---love this car.

Reactions: Patpat

·
Registered
29 Posts
Picked up our 2014 Platinum last night and am in love with it. The drive quality and comfort levels are fantastic.

Finally, after a four month wait, I have it :D
Was there any room for negotiation given the fact that the 13 pf's are still on the lot and no rebates on 14 pf's...... Just curious before I hit the dealer showroom for 14 PF purchase...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Was there any room for negotiation given the fact that the 13 pf's are still on the lot and no rebates on 14 pf's...... Just curious before I hit the dealer showroom for 14 PF purchase...
I actually ordered a 2013 a few months ago, just before they transitioned to the 2014 models, so they had to change it to the new model for me but still honored the deal we did on the 13 model.

So we got a 2014 Platinum with 8 years free oil/filter/car wash for $41.5k... This is in Canada, I think the US is a few grand cheaper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought my 2013 Pathfinder SL in Jan. 2013 and noticed the shudder problem about a month after my purchase. I mentioned it to the dealer and they researched it and said Nissan is aware of the issue and engineers are working on a "fix." I just took my Pathfinder in for its second oil change service and again asked about the "fix." They told me that there is a Nissan bulletin about the issue and they are ordering a new torque converter to fix the problem. Should have it installed in a couple days. Keeping my fingers crossed it works...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
seems like as people get closer to the end of the break-in process things like this start showing up.

At least we know what time frame to give until deeming a PF good or bad.
Just a bump to get this back on the active topics list. Once again, if you have purchased a 2014 (not 2013) Pathfinder, and advise if you have had any problems with the transmission. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 389 Posts