Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post up when you ordered and when your expected delivery date is.

:cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ordered a 2013 at the end of March, but was informed a few weeks later that they had switched to 2014 production, so we had to wait a while for it.

ETA is end of this month for mine up here in Canada.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ordered a 2014 on Monday - The dealer up here traded a WIP (that means in production - I think)black one for a WIP Blue one I wanted - delivery should be by end of month...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do you mind sharing what discount/rebate you received? I am considering a 2013, but would wait if the discounts are decent. Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
No rebate on 2013 or 2014 in Canada that I know of - I received about $2500 off the MSRP - not great but good considering they are selling like hotcakes...

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
No rebate on 2013 or 2014 in Canada that I know of - I received about $2500 off the MSRP - not great but good considering they are selling like hotcakes...
Definitely could of been better than $2500 off MSRP, curious what the profit margin is like for the sales person and dealership.

How much of the original MSRP were you trying to get off?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Definitely could of been better than $2500 off MSRP, curious what the profit margin is like for the sales person and dealership.

How much of the original MSRP were you trying to get off?
I couldn't get better - I had several different quotes from all over Ontario. Are you from Canada? If not, I see why you think I could get better. If so, you are an awesome shopper.

In the past, nissan vehicles in Canada were much higher in price, with a much bigger margin than in the US - lately though, the prices in Canada are way lower and the margins are thinner in Canada

·
Registered
74 Posts
I couldn't get better - I had several different quotes from all over Ontario. Are you from Canada? If not, I see why you think I could get better. If so, you are an awesome shopper.

In the past, nissan vehicles in Canada were much higher in price, with a much bigger margin than in the US - lately though, the prices in Canada are way lower and the margins are thinner in Canada
Yeah, getting an amazing deal on a brand new Pathfinder that the factory can't make fast enough is pretty tough up here in Canada.

Having said that, I managed to get a 2014 Platinum for $41.5k with 8 years free oil/filter change and car washes. A little lower would obviously have been even better, but we're pretty happy with the deal overall.

·
Registered
63 Posts
$41.5 is that after all taxes and freight except for HST? If it is, that mirrors my deal except for the 8 years...which is great!! I couldn't ask for that as the dealers is 450kms away...

·
Registered
74 Posts
$41.5 is that after all taxes and freight except for HST? If it is, that mirrors my deal except for the 8 years...which is great!! I couldn't ask for that as the dealers is 450kms away...
Yeah it includes everything but government tax, and I was happy with the deal because I work across the street from the dealership, so can pop in anytime. 450kms is a LONG way to go... What made you choose a dealer so far away???

·
Registered
63 Posts
Local dealer didn't return my call. That simple. Also, the last time i tried to buy from them, they wouldn't remove the $400 admin fee. Didn't feel like arguing this time and by not returning my call, they made it simple. Went through a fleet guy this time. No big issue going to pick it up, there are always people I know going that way and I just jump in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts