Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015, Nissan Pathfinder, Platinum
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My 2014 pathfinder has no Android Auto facility even with built in sat system.
And I recently figured it could be done via smartphone mirroring, so I bought this miracast wireless mirroring dongle (hdmi) and HDMItoAV converter.

Finally, it works out pretty well when switched to Aux input. Thing is car itself has an interlock (prolly for safety reason) that whenever foot brake is released, aux video is blocked.

Does anyone know how to override the setting for aux input?

Thanks for reading

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,661 Posts
If you do a forum search in this section, you'll find that there's been some discussions about that.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks for helping out, that's pretty much it. Thing is for me that Aux input doesn't work when vehicle is moving. So I'm trying to bypass that link.
Thanks for helping out, that's pretty much it. Thing is for me that Aux input doesn't work when vehicle is moving. So I'm trying to bypass that link.
The aux input isn't working for you because you are really streaming in DVD/AUX mode, so you only get sound when the video screen is playing. Since you don't have a bypass which is about $175- $200 dollars extra, you will have to purchase a standard Y-Cable and not use your hdmi module converter in order to listen to your music or audio. That is if you don't mind not seeing your mirrored phone on the screen and just using your cell phone screen alone.

·
Registered
2015, Nissan Pathfinder, Platinum
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The aux input isn't working for you because you are really streaming in DVD/AUX mode, so you only get sound when the video screen is playing. Since you don't have a bypass which is about $175- $200 dollars extra, you will have to purchase a standard Y-Cable and not use your hdmi module converter in order to listen to your music or audio. That is if you don't mind not seeing your mirrored phone on the screen and just using your cell phone screen alone.
Thanks for the comment. I'm trying to figure out by bypassing the parking brake wire myself at the moment. Hope it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts