Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the braided mesh surrounding the flexpipe on my 2014 PF was hanging down by a few threads so I removed it today.

I'm not planning on replacing the flexpipe until I hear any leaks, but was curious if others too have needed a replacement around the 9 year age point. Car has 100k in the mid-atlantic state region.

Automotive exhaust Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Gas Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,615 Posts
At that age, I wouldn't worry about the mesh outer covering at all. Over all, that flex pipe assembly looks better than it does on our 2019 w/ 75K miles.

I just had chucks of rust brush off of ours as I was doing an engine oil change. The parts that hold the mesh are almost gone on it. The bolts on my oil pan look horrible too and there's some bad rust patches on the oil pan I'll need to touch up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully they improved the frame treatment for your 19. I have lots of surface frame rust, which is fine structurally, just more of a nuisance as I have all these rust spots all over my garage floor from rust drips. I used to touch them up as well, lately just too many spots to stay on top of.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,615 Posts
Worst case scenario it looks like this section of exhaust has to be purchased as an assembly with the secondary catalytic converter. Aftermarket, not CARB compliants are ~$325. CARB are ~$500.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts