Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I am in the same situation as everyone only I have not had my car in 28 days. We purchased our Pathfinder in May of this year and loved it at first. Then we started having the shuddering issues. I at first thought maybe it was the road or the car just needed to be driven awhile since we only bought it with 6 miles on it. Then it started getting worst. We took it in an the service tech stated they were seeing a lot if these issues. He told me that they would first reset something in the transmission, then if that didn't work the torque converter would have to be replaced and if that didn't work the transmission would have to be replaced. So the following week later I called in to get status and I was told the torque converter has to be replaced BUT the part is back ordered and they have no clue when the part would be in. It has been 28 days without my Pathfinder and I have had to make a car payment while its in the shop waiting for the part. Not to mention the payment I made in August and only had the car for 15 days that month. It is so frustrating to deal with Nissan. The local dealership has not offered anything yes I got a rental but when I said I wanted something else done all they said to call Nissan Corp and file a claim. I did that and have only got a message stating they are looking into it. You would think with this problem happening to so many they would be able to fix the problem fast. In my case I feel Nissan is doing nothing from the local dealer to the corporation. I regret getting this Nissan due to their lack of customer service and how they are dealing with this issue. I do not feel safe taking my 3 children this car not knowing if it going have anymore issues. I am just so frustrated and do not know what to do!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have owned mine for 28 days- have only had it for 9, failed dash, failed trans seal...
Dealer and Nissan both have essentially said to take a hike

I feel your pain

Edit: local lemon law's magic number is 30 days

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have owned mine for 28 days- have only had it for 9, failed dash, failed trans seal...
Dealer and Nissan both have essentially said to take a hike

I feel your pain

Edit: local lemon law's magic number is 30 BUSINESS days
Edit update- got mine back after now 40 days in the shop of the 49 we've owned it-

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
so are you going to lemon law it? or is the car fine now?

·
Registered
234 Posts
By "looking into it" Nissan Customer Sevice means two things. One, they are going to follow whatever rules Nissan has given them on how to handle these issues. Second, they are going to call you dealer and get their input and advice. The second ways heavily on how they respond.

I can tell you, my dealer has been a total saint, and because of that, he is driving aggressively to get this fixed. He's not putting me through a lot - if I say it's broken, he goes with that. If you have not, you must talk to your sales manager and your service manager. Then, meet your dealer. The dealer wants you to buy Nissan and to service it at his dealership. With their support, you will get whatever you want and quickly. The dealers in out back to Nissan NA will make all the different in the world. You will get moved up in line for pasts, you will not be forced to jump through hoops, etc.

I'm not sure why your not driving your car while they wait for parts. The judder (whether CVT or TC caused) is not a safety issue. And, should you attempt a lemon law, they will probably point that out.

Get your car back, make friends with your dealer and sales and service managers (best friends), get hardcore with Nissan NA and I guarantee you'll see results fast.

PS - Demand an extended power train warranty. You'll get it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts