Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

this is a great and helpful forum.

I need help with below questions on head restraint DVD monitors in SL (not the tri-zone entertainment system which comes in Platinum Premium)

1. Please let me know if we can play one movie at a time on both screens (like master and slave monitors)
2. Can we use the car speaker system to play the audio.

thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi all

this is a great and helpful forum.

I need help with below questions on head restraint DVD monitors in SL (not the tri-zone entertainment system which comes in Platinum Premium)

1. Please let me know if we can play one movie at a time on both screens (like master and slave monitors)
2. Can we use the car speaker system to play the audio.

thanks
The DVDs are independent of the car stereo system and each other. The DVDs go right into the individual units. So each person in the rear seats can watch their own movie. They are self contained so the audio comes directly from the units, not the car stereo system. You can use the bluetooth headsets, or plug in standard ear buds or headphones into the units. The blue tooth headsets are hit and miss. At least on our units. They tend to cut out sometimes. They dont fit my kids too well anyway so they usually just plug their ear buds into the units.:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
The DVDs are independent of the car stereo system and each other. The DVDs go right into the individual units. So each person in the rear seats can watch their own movie. They are self contained so the audio comes directly from the units, not the car stereo system. You can use the bluetooth headsets, or plug in standard ear buds or headphones into the units. The blue tooth headsets are hit and miss. At least on our units. They tend to cut out sometimes. They dont fit my kids too well anyway so they usually just plug their ear buds into the units.:)
Also the remote control and the bluetooth headsets have a toggle twitch to go between the two A or B units. Both headsets can listen in on the A unit or B unit. The remote will work on the A or B unit. Just flip the switch.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
BTW how many speakers are in the Pathfinder's tri-zone entertainment system?

Do you guys think the tri-zone entertainment system audio setup can be more theater-like or is it fine as it is?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Sstarrx3, thanks for your reply...

Hi Nissanguy, in platinum premium, tri-zone entertainment system includes 13 Speakers, including Bose® Acoustic Waveguide technology..not sure how it sounds though..

Can we add a third-party entertainment system in SL (dual headrest or overhead). Has any of the viewers done that?

I am looking for an entertainment system that can be added in 2013 pathfinder that can play one movie on both screens in case of dual headrest screens and audio coming out from car speaker system as well as headsets.

Is the only option available is to go to Platinum Premium?

thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi Sstarrx3, thanks for your reply...

Hi Nissanguy, in platinum premium, tri-zone entertainment system includes 13 Speakers, including Bose® Acoustic Waveguide technology..not sure how it sounds though..

Can we add a third-party entertainment system in SL (dual headrest or overhead). Has any of the viewers done that?

I am looking for an entertainment system that can be added in 2013 pathfinder that can play one movie on both screens in case of dual headrest screens and audio coming out from car speaker system as well as headsets.

Is the only option available is to go to Platinum Premium?

thanks
I believe the Tri Zone in the PP may be your only option without having to replace the entire car stereo system with another that integrates with a DVD entertainment system. I doubt you will be able to buy aftermarket to accomplish this.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was completely wrong one this one. If you have a DVD in the player you can listen through the AUX over the radio. I imagine it will play what is i the A player. If you have both DVDs running it will just play what is in A.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Anyone install an after market blu ray player to their dash? I have quite a few movies. Or is this just overkill on a Pathfinder?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi all

I have been to a dealership to check the dvd head restraint monitors in SL.

We played dvd on one monitor, we were able to get the video on the other monitor and also play the audio through car speaker system.

thanks Sstarrx and others..

·
Registered
440 Posts
I was completely wrong one this one. If you have a DVD in the player you can listen through the AUX over the radio. I imagine it will play what is i the A player. If you have both DVDs running it will just play what is in A.
You are correct, if you run the audio through a couple of RCA jacks into the aux inputs inside the center storage bin, then the sound will come out of the vehicle speakers. If you feed a composite signal to the third jack, put the vehicle in Park, and put the parking brake on, it will play the video on the front display.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You are correct, if you run the audio through a couple of RCA jacks into the aux inputs inside the center storage bin, then the sound will come out of the vehicle speakers. If you feed a composite signal to the third jack, put the vehicle in Park, and put the parking brake on, it will play the video on the front display.
Huh..we have no such setup. We have nothing plugged into the RCA jacks. The only thing plugged into our Pathfinder at all is an IPOD through the USB. We just discovered over the weekend on a camping trip. My girls had turned on a DVD and I was going to listen to the IPOD so was sorting through with my source button on the steering wheel. When it hit AUX I could hear the audio from her DVD.

·
Registered
81 Posts
hi all

We played dvd on one monitor, we were able to get the video on the other monitor and also play the audio through car speaker system.

Can you tell me how you were able to get the video source from A unit to play on the B unit?:confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Sstarrx3, after we played the dvd on monitor A, we clicked on a button in Monitor B (button was having an icon with two or three overlapping squares - not sure what it is called), the video in monitor A was also displayed in monitor B.

After we hit AUX button on the dashboard stereo controls two or three times, the audio from DVD was coming through the car speaker system.

Hope this helps

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi Sstarrx3, after we played the dvd on monitor A, we clicked on a button in Monitor B (button was having an icon with two or three overlapping squares - not sure what it is called), the video in monitor A was also displayed in monitor B.

After we hit AUX button on the dashboard stereo controls two or three times, the audio from DVD was coming through the car speaker system.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Yes it does help. One of my daughters was wanting to do that this weekend and I told her it could not be done. Now that I know how to do it she will be happy:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the SV with the dual DVD...I am having trouble trying to get the video to play on the front screen when in park and parking brake applied...Anyone able to get this working?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the SV with the dual DVD...I am having trouble trying to get the video to play on the front screen when in park and parking brake applied...Anyone able to get this working?

I may be wrong, but I thought you could only do that with the 3 way DVD system where you but the DVD in up front, not in the individual headrest units.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Is there anyway to accomplish this without the front DVD?
I am not aware of a way to do this, but since the audio is integrated you would think there would be a way to do it. I do not have the technical expertise with wiring and all to figure out a way to do it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was told the only way to get a DVD player in the head restraint is by going with th platinum premium pck. I was looking at a 2014 SL. Was I given wrong info?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi all

I have the 2013 Pathfinder SL Premium (no Nav) and when playing a DVD in monitor A the audio will not come out the vehicle speakers even when I cycle through the AUX options. hmm - seems like people are having different experiences. I have a good friend who also as the 2013 pathfinder sl premium (no Nav) and he claims the audio does come through his car speakers when in Aux (only difference in our vehicles is some external options).

Does anyone know if this is a configuration you have to enable in order to route the audio to car speakers?
Also, is there a way to tell what system version your Entertainment System is (like a model number or software version number) - maybe we all have slightly different versions and that's why our experiences differ when comparing same make and model Pathfinders.

Thanks for your help!
Cliff

1 - 20 of 21 Posts