Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love our new Pathfinder. While it sits lower than the old version, it still sits higher than a typical crossover. My daughter and my mom have trouble stepping up to the door plate to enter. Anybody have any word when steps or running boards will be available anywhere? A set would make this vehicle just about perfect for our family.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I'm not sure how a running board (or side step) would fit on the Pathfinder. There just isn't any space because of the design of the rocker panels. If you think about it, any sort of step there, would need to jut out, way beyond the sides of the vehicle, since the Pathfinder's body design doesn't tuck in. I think this is the reason Nissan doesn't offer running boards.

Reactions: AB16

·
Registered
12 Posts
i'm going to install some grip tape along the edge for the back door. Without the running boards it's very easy for young ones to slip when it is wet out. Hopefully by doing that i won't need to add a running board. Plus I hate to bottom out on them especially during winter time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wife is having a bit of a problem getting into the Pathfinder from the passenger side because there is no handhold such as the handle on our 4runner's A-pillar. I've been looking online for any kind of running board, but no luck. Today, I went to my local 4x4 shop and found out that there doesn't seem to be a company that has one on the market yet. The shop employee called AST and was told the company was test-fitting several brackets and that a production-ready bracket was about a month away.

...still looking online, though. If anybody else finds a company that offers them let us know!

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Intriguing. I would like to see how they mount exactly.

From an aesthetic perspective, they do look pretty cool.

Reactions: Grunteib

·
Registered
186 Posts
I am seriously considering buying these as well and think they look great. I am certain the clearance would be impacted officially retiring me from recreational offroading but with two toddlers, a wife who is only 5-1, and the use of a cargo box this would help out a lot. I also like the idea of grip tape but would like to find something that looks closer to a factory look. I did reach out to the seller with a few questions first. I asked for installation instructions with specific interest on impact on ground clearance, how firmly the boards attach and associated connection points, how much drilling may be required to bolt on and most importantly the build materials which is hopefully stainless steel. Will keep you posted

·
Registered
186 Posts
FYI - I looked at the item on ebay and then copied the part number into google...

Amazon has them for half the price.

ATS Design C810-CU70 70" UNI I Series Running Board : Amazon.com : Automotive

ATS Design C810-CU70 70" UNI I Series Running Board
the model number is the same but the amazon listing appears to look different and it is all black. The ebay listing has the stainless look to it. Most importantly this listing does not include the vehicle specific bracket as stated in description which is why such a big difference in cost. However good idea to do a little price comparison.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am seriously considering buying these as well and think they look great. I am certain the clearance would be impacted officially retiring me from recreational offroading but with two toddlers, a wife who is only 5-1, and the use of a cargo box this would help out a lot. I also like the idea of grip tape but would like to find something that looks closer to a factory look. I did reach out to the seller with a few questions first. I asked for installation instructions with specific interest on impact on ground clearance, how firmly the boards attach and associated connection points, how much drilling may be required to bolt on and most importantly the build materials which is hopefully stainless steel. Will keep you posted
mcorte, I too have 2 small children and a small wife (just under 5'), not to mention it is my wife's vehicle. She doesn't have a hard time getting in per se, but I can already tell that the left side of the driver's seat will take a beating with her having to virtually slide in and out. Having that extra step would make it easier for her to enter and exit as well as save the leather on her seat.

Please keep us posted on what you find. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
If you have kids this is a must. It makes getting in less of a climbing in situation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Running boards

I contacted ATS a while ago about the time frame for when the boards would be ready. This week I received this email:

We will have running boards available for your 2013 Pathfinder the
first week of May. Please see the attached photos of our chrome Matrix
series running boards on the vehicle. Please provide your contact
information if you would like to purchase boards for your vehicle.

Thank you

Best Regards,
Rick Nauman
ATS Design
Ph: 1(866) 213-2873 x 356
Fax: 1(562) 865-7888
[email protected]
www.atsdesign.com

Interestingly the photos were the same ones LOGICZ found on the ebay listing. Did anyone end up getting the ones off ebay, and did they fit?

·
Registered
42 Posts
The company has a nice video on their home page outlining the steps to install. This looks like an easy task needing a minimum of tools. One would hope that Nissan has a number of predrilled holes in which to attach. I haven't crawled under mine yet to check. I'm interested.
Mike

·
Registered
42 Posts
I took a look under the doors for pre-drilled mounting holes and found none. I am concerned that ground clearance would be too low after these are installed. This isn't a problem for those who never see off-road, but in Montana, we do spend some time in the country. I don't go mudding or bajaing but do need the 4x4 for deep snow and occasional trips to a lake accessible only by bad roads.
Mike

1 - 20 of 180 Posts