Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Randomly my pathfinder will not move, or have any acceleration when the gas pedal is pressed. The RPMs go unchanged, no acceleration, its like its in park. Once I release my foot off the gas pedal and attempt again it will drive and accelerate as if nothing just occurred. I find this typically occurs at a stop sign, or in traffic. I don't usually have to release my foot off the gas pedal more then once to correct this. Sometimes this may happen several times per trip, or not at all for days.

There are no warning lights on.

Also, I'm not sure these two issues are related, but concerning none the less. The other day, the Pathfinder had been parked, and engine off for hours. The brake lights where illuminated as though someone was pressing the brakes. Twice this has managed to drain my battery. It is easily jump started.

Has anyone else had this issue? I've been told this is my brake relay switch? That seems far to easy to remedy. Ideas?

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,422 Posts
Randomly my pathfinder will not move, or have any acceleration when the gas pedal is pressed. The RPMs go unchanged, no acceleration, its like its in park. Once I release my foot off the gas pedal and attempt again it will drive and accelerate as if nothing just occurred. I find this typically occurs at a stop sign, or in traffic. I don't usually have to release my foot off the gas pedal more then once to correct this. Sometimes this may happen several times per trip, or not at all for days.

There are no warning lights on.
Big discussion on this issue here:

https://www.pathfindertalk.com/foru...e-else-experienced-no-acceleration-issue.html

Also, I'm not sure these two issues are related, but concerning none the less. The other day, the Pathfinder had been parked, and engine off for hours. The brake lights where illuminated as though someone was pressing the brakes. Twice this has managed to drain my battery. It is easily jump started.

Has anyone else had this issue? I've been told this is my brake relay switch? That seems far to easy to remedy. Ideas?
Sounds like it may be a short somewhere, but the relay switch may be a start. Have all of the recalls been performed on your vehicle?

Welcome to the forum, by the way! :welcome:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Big discussion on this issue here:

NEW PATHFINDER PROBLEM - Has anyone else experienced a...

Sounds like it may be a short somewhere, but the relay switch may be a start. Have all of the recalls been performed on your vehicle?

Welcome to the forum, by the way! :welcome:
Brake light switch is bad, the other might be the pedal control switch, your accelerator pedal is bad, you will have to change the entire unit, it's a pain to swap out, but to be on the safe side have your car scanned first, good luck

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Mine does this as well every few months. Parts all changed out, etc. I think it is a computer glitch. Kinda crazy that this was never a recall IMO.

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine does this as well every few months. Parts all changed out, etc. I think it is a computer glitch. Kinda crazy that this was never a recall IMO.
So the PEDAL CONTROL SWITCH which is part of the accelerator pedal swapped out, if your vehicle was scanned then the shop or dealer should of gave you a copy of the issues found and request a copy of the work done and verify that that part was physically changed

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,582 Posts
Brake light switch is bad, the other might be the pedal control switch, your accelerator pedal is bad, you will have to change the entire unit, it's a pain to swap out, but to be on the safe side have your car scanned first, good luck
You realize you are replying to a thread that is more than 18 months old, right? OP most likely fixed the issue by now whom by the way, posted once in this forum and hasn't been back since.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You realize you are replying to a thread that is more than 18 months old, right? OP most likely fixed the issue by now whom by the way, posted once in this forum and hasn't been back since.
Didn't pay attention to the date, well what was the remedy on your car, was it fixed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts