Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I bought my pathfinder brand new in 2013. It has a 140k miles on it and just recently the rear subframe cracked. The car is well maintained and always kept in a garage. Has anyone seen any bulletins or policy statements or has delt with Nisan on this? It appears this issue is not unknown to the pathfinder and other nissan vehicles. On the Altimas Nissan was fixing this problem. I have reached out to the dealer with no results. Please let me know if anyone has any experience with this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
All,

I bought my pathfinder brand new in 2013. It has a 140k miles on it and just recently the rear subframe cracked. The car is well maintained and always kept in a garage. Has anyone seen any bulletins or policy statements or has delt with Nisan on this? It appears this issue is not unknown to the pathfinder and other nissan vehicles. On the Altimas Nissan was fixing this problem. I have reached out to the dealer with no results. Please let me know if anyone has any experience with this.
I have heard of certain year Altimas with floor boards deteriorating maybe some type of related issue?

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,145 Posts
Assuming this is a rust-belt Pathfinder, I'm curious what your expectations are from the dealer at this point after 9 rust-belt winters?

I feel for you, but this is the norm for a Nissan, GM, Ford, etc..etc..

I'm in the process of replacing a transmission cooler line on my daughter's 2015 Nissan Versa sedan w/ 57K miles on it because the steel portion of the line rusted completely out. The amount of rust under this vehicle is astonishing for the age/mileage of it, but it is one of the "cheapest" vehicles you can get and I live with Buffalo NY area winters. I've even treated this vehicle with fluid film and woolwax. Given the design of the undercarriage, these products wash off quickly.

Some oil spots on the driveway was the only thing that clued me in. When I wiggled the line it really broke loose and pumped a quart or more of ATF on my garage floor by the time I killed the ignition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts