Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I came across this forum and decided to join due to the comments and general information I saw all of you sharing. I've had my 13' Pathfinder (Platinum Premium) for a little over 2 months now and I can't complain. It fits all my needs and looks good doing it. Only have one issue, driving where I live (NYC) tends to put ALOT of wear on a bumper. I've been looking online for a bull bar or brush guard that will not only look good but most importantly fit properly. Does anyone know where I can find one? All I'm seeing are bars for 2012. Obviously nissan changed the body style so I'm pretty sure these wont fit the 2013 models. Any insight in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
welcome!

in case anyone didn't know what a bull bar was (i didn't)

I've seen these on older pathfinders and I liked how they look. Haven't seen one on a new pathfinder though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen the rear bumper bar on a 13' model online but I am yet to see/find the front bar for this model. I really want these. So I'm on a mission to find them. If I find it ill post the info here. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same here bro I'm in NYC too and have been trying to protect my investment I think these are the bet solution I'll keep an eye out please post if you find .

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Considering that the Pathfinder was redesigned from the ground-up and just started selling in October of last year (just 6 months on the market), it's going to take a bit for the aftermarket accessory companies to catch on. We've only just now started seeing things like floor mats and such. I'll bet by this time next year, you'll have a plethora of options to choose from. I'd keep an eye on AutoAnything.com.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
well if anyone has one I'd be interested. I wanted one on my old Pathfinder.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Is there a practical purpose to having a bull bar or is this just for looks?
If you've ever been to NYC (and I'd imagine many other big cities), they are essential. "Tapping" someone else's bumper while parallel parking is not looked at as an infraction as it would be.... well... just about anywhere else. Front and rear bull bars keep the vehicle from getting scraped up/dented bumpers.

I've seen them tacked on elsewhere for looks, but I can understand why you'd want one in the city.

That said, if I lived in the city, I think I'd be driving a beater, not a $40K+ SUV... but hey, to each his own ;)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I don't see a need for these bars, no real reason to have them, but I would get them cause I think they look sick. Ever since seeing them on police vehicles I always wanted one for a vehicle of my own which it was suitable for.

Instead of chrome, I would get them in black.

Oh and anyone worried about if their Pathfinder is manly enough...these bars will definitely make it more "manly"

·
Registered
196 Posts
The brush bar is a pretty nice looking accessory IMO. Protection for the bumper would be more of an afterthought for me, but it's a welcome addition. The only issue is how much does it cost for front and back?

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
The brush bar is a pretty nice looking accessory IMO. Protection for the bumper would be more of an afterthought for me, but it's a welcome addition. The only issue is how much does it cost for front and back?
Well, that and how much needless weight and aerodynamic drag does it add? Not sure about you, but fuel economy was a major reason I went with the PF.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts