Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Nissan Pathfinder vs 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe : Car Reviews

Verdict:
Of these two, the Pathfinder is simply the best bet. As such it’s also wins the award for the latest family-friendly suburban status symbol.
While it is more expensive, the extra features, superior driving feel and interior appointments set it far enough ahead of the Santa Fe to compensate for the pricing deficit. Add to that the fact that the Pathfinder makes its 3rd row easier to access, and we have a clear winner. So buy one, and do it now, before the three-row crossover joins the wood paneled Plymouth Voyager “Magic Wagon” in the doldrums of shamefully uncool automobiles.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The Santa Fe weighs significantly less than the Pathfinder. Just over 400lbs less. But this also means the cargo room is much less than the PF. The advantage of the Sante Fe is it's cheaper and surprisingly more powerful.

·
Registered
98 Posts
One big disadvantage of the Santa Fe is safety for 3rd row occupants. There is NO 3rd row head/side curtain air bags, only 1st and 2nd row. The Pathfinder has 1st, 2nd and 3rd row head curtain airbags as do all other of the major competitors.

I'm sure this is a sneaky cost cutting measure by Hyundai, but not a smart move in my opinion and not one that I appreciate as a parent of two young children. This is one detail that could easily be missed and you would never know it until one day when you may need the protection in a crash. I see this omission of a standard piece of safety equipment as a bit of a betrayal by Hyundai. What do others think?

I thank Nissan for not being so foolish and placing a high value on safety regardless of cost.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have my personal reserve for Hyundais in general.

I'll let them go a few more decades before I decide to purchase one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts