Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Owners of the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder equipped with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) are reporting issues with their new crossovers described as “shuddering” and a sudden loss of power.

Some owners have taken their vehicles back to their dealerships with one mechanic’s report saying the vehicle was hesitant upon acceleration from a stop. The Japanese automaker has been contacted in regards to the issue and hopes to have a fix in June.

Currently, Nissan is telling owners that the vehicle is safe to drive, but owners experiencing the issues disagree. Some owners are so concerned that they’re negotiating a buyback with their dealerships, which is understandable considering some have fewer than 1,000 miles before exhibiting the problems.

The shuddering sensation is being described by some forum members as “driving over a rumble strip” and typically occurs between 20 to 40 mph and the power loss lasts for three to four seconds.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Finally even more media coverage, which should all push nissan to take some action over this and stop putting it off as people are getting sick of dealing with this issue.

Seen a video from a news broadcasting station which also helps to get the word out. Keep reporting these issues people!

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
2013 pathfinder platinum.

I have the shuddering on my pathfinder and it loses power, hope Nissan is doing some thing to sort out this issue. It is quite disturbing to see 52 grand going to waste....

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
This is ridiculous, how can they address that it is safe to drive. so what? it feels like crap but just deal with it and thank you for your business. I am so glad I held back on it. Hopefully the new one will have all these problems resolved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
bought a 2013 Pathfinder two months ago, and have experienced the "shuddering" at slow speed and sudden jolt at highway speed. The dealership diagnosed a malfunction in the torque converter and ordered a new part three weeks ago. NISSAN has not provided the part. I called NISSAN and got a call back today. They were blunt (ride) and said they could not get a delivery date on the part. Plan to access the lemon law next week if I dont' have a part. Love the dealership, NISSAN, not so much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought 2013 Pathfinder in July, after about 2000 miles felt very noticable shudder durring moderate acceleration. Took to dealership and they ordered new torque converter. Taken from Invoice: "JD01AA R&I AUTOMATIC CVT TRANSAXLE ASSY, JD034A COMBINATION: RPL POWER CLUTCH/TORQUE CONVERTER ASSY, JE99AA REPROGRAM A/T CONTROL UNIT. This work was completed quickly by dealership(impressed) and given back to us in three days at 3386 miles. At 3800 miles...shuddering AGAIN!!! Called dealership and they will get us in Wednesday, called Nissan direct and opened a complaint file. Thinking about Lemon Law, really love the car, but this is rediculous! Anybody have any luck with Nissan getting their money back or a new car?

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,766 Posts
At 3800 miles...shuddering AGAIN!!! Called dealership and they will get us in Wednesday, called Nissan direct and opened a complaint file. Thinking about Lemon Law, really love the car, but this is rediculous! Anybody have any luck with Nissan getting their money back or a new car?
Do a search on this forum. Lot's of discussion about this. You can start here.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
unleash the unhappy car buyers onto the forum!

this forum should be changed to pathfindershuddertalk.com

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
so what do you do when you buy a broken car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wanted to update this post. Took 13PF back to dealership to see if they could feel shudder. They gave me my rental and I was on my way. About 4 hours later they called and could feel the "shudder", said I need a new CVT, should have it in by the end of the week and will replace ASAP. Dealership is really on top of this issue, very impressed. Wife loves the car, hope this fixes it! Anyone have any luck with new CVT?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Took mine in this morning too for an oil change so I had them look into my shudder again under the new TSB. My build date was 11/12 and the first time I took it in, they didn't reprogram mine. When the new TC came in, the service adviser told me to just wait it out. I agreed since mine used to shudder once or twice every two to three weeks, and after I started driving it with a heavy foot, it rarely happened. Now, he called me back after an hour and said my oil change is done and a new CVT is on order. There's another person waiting for a new CVT too, which was ordered two weeks ago. He's hoping mine will come in at the same time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have experience the shudder with Platinum PF. It first occurred at 200 miles. I went to dealership who has been great. They reprogrammed.. shudder went away for less than 1 day. They then reprogrammed and ordered torque converter. Waited weeks and then told new fix... no torque conv, and they would replace transmission.. waited over a month. Meanwhile shutter continued sometimes so bad that I had to stop car. I had opened a Nissan customer care case.
Finally the transmission was replaced. Seems to fix problem, but I am concerned about the stress this introduced to the drive train. Nissan said "that is why you purchased the extended warranty." Nissan customer care also closed my case against my wishes immediately after the replacement. Did not even allow me to put 200 miles on the new transmission to see if it fixed the problem.
I said I expect some type of compensation, they said that is why they paid for rental. Asked about possibly buying PF accessories at cost. They dismissed that.
To those that have experienced the problem, keep complaining and making other consumers aware. I will never buy another Nissan.
They are not a company with integrity or commitment to customer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts