Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- Nissan Advanced Airbag System (AABS) with dual-stage supplemental front airbags with seat belt and occupant-classification sensors

- Driver and front passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental airbags

- Roof-mounted curtain supplemental airbags for side-rollover protection for all three rows of occupants

- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) with Traction Control System (TCS)

- 3-point ALR/ELR passenger seat belt system (ELR for driver)

- Front seat belts with pre-tensioners and load limiters

- Adjustable front, outboard 2nd and 3rd row head restraints

- LATCH System (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren)

- Zone Body construction with front and rear crumple zones

- Hood-buckling creases, energy-absorbing steering column and pipe-style steel side-door guard beams

- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with Easy-Fill Tire Alert

- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with individual tire pressure display and Easy-Fill Tire Alert

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how did the JX do in crash tests? i think we can safely apply those safety ratings to to the pathfinder seeing how they are quite close to eachother.

·
Registered
112 Posts
how did the JX do in crash tests? i think we can safely apply those safety ratings to to the pathfinder seeing how they are quite close to eachother.

can't seem to find any tests done by the IIHS but a lot of automotive websites are giving the Pathfinder a 4 star safety rating, which says a lot.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A bit more insight on how safe the pathfinder is:

Q: Is the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder safe?

A: That is still to be determined, both in terms of crash-test ratings and real-world performance.

When this was written, the redesigned 2013 Pathfinder had not undergone crash tests by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration rates the 2013 Pathfinder SUV with an overall four out of five stars in its crash tests, five out of five in side-impact testing and four out of five in its rollover test.

It is always risky to compare a redesigned vehicle such as the Pathfinder to its predecessors in terms of safety, and in this particular case it would be comparing apples to oranges. The 2013 Pathfinder has unibody construction instead of the previous body-on-frame design, and it has shed about 500 pounds to improve fuel economy. Safety performance could be different because of the switch to unibody and the weight loss, but it isn't possible to predict whether it will be better or worse.

Crash-test results often are a good predictor of how a vehicle will fare in collisions with other vehicles and objects, but real-world results sometimes paint a different picture. Some vehicles that perform well in crash tests may not do as well in real-world accidents with vehicles that are larger and heavier or because they are prone to rollover. It typically takes three to four years after a vehicle is redesigned for significant real-world accident data to be available.

Is the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder safe? - Ask.cars.com

·
Registered
186 Posts
Safety Ratings are competive and car insurance dropped for me

I believe the test ratings are now available. See here:
NHTSA Safety Ratings
Looks like ratings are identical to highlander, Pilot, Q7, and most other SUVs with exception of Explorer and Traverse which have 5 star ratings all around. I do know I was pleasantly surprised when my insurance dropped $120.00 year to insure my Platinum Premium after trading in a 2007 Chevy Equinox:D Safety features must be getting a lot of Credibility with insurers and happy to take the discount!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts