Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to be so Vague. This beast has 300,000 miles Yes that's right,developed what feels like a flat spot in Carb. For you older guys. Might happen at 20mph. Might Happen at 50 just when resting foot on pedal lightly. Let off give it gas. NO PROBLEM. Cruises along
At 70-80 Like Nothings wrong. 22-24 mpg. Thought I had water. Used couple cans Sea Foam into intake. Couple cans Cat. CLEANER. everything we do helps a Bit then it comes back. ECM fuses good All vacuum hoses and plug ins good. Plugs have less than 25.000, Got Codes at Advance Auto
C1130 Engine Signal 1
C1107 Front Right Sensor 1
C1103 Front Right Sensor 2 ??? LEFT??
C1109 BATTERY VOLTAGE ABNORMAL.
C1203 ANTILOCK BRAKE SYSTEM. It's fine
P0420 catalalyst Efficiency below threshold bank 1
P0430 Same as above Bank 2

·
Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
Glad to hear that a PF made it to 300k miles.

I'd start by checking/replacing your battery and check that it is charging properly. Nothing will work properly if you don't have the right voltage.
You might also be looking at a fuel injector going bad, the fact that the symptoms disappear after the Sea Foam treatment indicates that it could be related to the fuel system. The catalyst code might be due to unburned fuel.

·
Super Moderator
3,949 Posts
I didn't think cars had carburetors any more. Isn't everything fuel injected these days? :44:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Battery is Actually new. One of Grandkids had left domelight on a couple days before. On a Whim I took the Right tire off today. Took Sensor Out, cleaned with Carb choke cleaner. Cleans Sprayed inside of rotor BANGED it around cleaned Connector. UNHOOKED Ground. While I was doing this. Drove 15 miles or so. When I pulled Out I could feel just a little bit then Nothing. Went to Parts store thinking about all the Granny issues with thesleand figured WTH. Bought some CVT FIX and put in it came back home Still no Problems.. No Check engine light Yet. Another 2500 mile trip Tomorrow so We will See.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts