Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the compressor replaced 1 year ago and for the last 3 months the air conditioning will blow cold intermittently. There is no rhyme or reason how to get it to blow cold. I used to have a Ford Crown Vic that had a blend door problem and it requires removing the dashboard to get to it. Instead I installed a brass ball valve on one of the heater hoses under the hood going into the fire wall and would turn the valve off when wanting air conditioning. However it only blew arctic air ice cold only using that method, no temperature adjustment. I digress. Is it possible the problem is the blend door? I assume these vehicles utilize that technology in the AC system. Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bet money that they installed the wrong compressor and its icing your evaporator.
I had a similar problem. Nissan made 2 types of compressor for the pathfinder, both will fit the pathfinder. Do your research.
Compressor model numbers:
DKS17D
DCS171C

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,370 Posts
Welcome to the forum !

It could also be that it is low or overcharged on gas. Low can cause icing on the evaporator which causes a false "too cold" reading shutting down the compressor or if too high, it can build too much pressure and shut-off to protect itself.

Did it work fine last year? If yes, maybe there is a very tiny leak somewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts