Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings:

The OE tires for the 2013 Platinum are 235/55/20, there are very few tires on the market that size and all have a low UTQG (Uniform Tire Quality Grade) rating up to 440 and they are expensive.

Will any of the following tires fit as they all have up to 600 UTQG and at a better price:
245/50/20
255/50/20
255/50/20
265/50/20

Best Regards
AB16

·
Registered
56 Posts
use the following link to get the width/diameter and speedo etc variance.

Tire Size Comparison

You'll notice the least speedo variance with 255/50/20.

Do you have 20's right now ? I am looking at upgrading my SL 18's to 20's ..kind of curious what you had in mind ?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
use the following link to get the width/diameter and speedo etc variance.

Tire Size Comparison

You'll notice the least speedo variance with 255/50/20.

Do you have 20's right now ? I am looking at upgrading my SL 18's to 20's ..kind of curious what you had in mind ?
Thanks for the Tire Size Comparison link, it will help.

I am shopping for a Pathfinder now and didn't like the choice of tires on the Platinum. I think the 2014 are due soon so may wait to see what they offer. Disappointed the 2013 doesn't have HID or Blind Spot Warning System.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for the Tire Size Comparison link, it will help.

I am shopping for a Pathfinder now and didn't like the choice of tires on the Platinum. I think the 2014 are due soon so may wait to see what they offer. Disappointed the 2013 doesn't have HID or Blind Spot Warning System.

The 2014's same options... I choose my SL, b/c I got all the options I liked almost like the Platinum w/o the expensive 20" tires... just wasn't worth it IMO

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 2014's same options... I choose my SL, b/c I got all the options I liked almost like the Platinum w/o the expensive 20" tires... just wasn't worth it IMO
Bought the 2013 with the 20' wheels. I see that there are better choices if you go to the 255/50 size. Mine came with the Toyo tires smooth and quiet but I expect short lived.
Will it affect the warrantee if, when they are worn out, I replace them with a different size?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Bought the 2013 with the 20' wheels. I see that there are better choices if you go to the 255/50 size. Mine came with the Toyo tires smooth and quiet but I expect short lived.
Will it affect the warrantee if, when they are worn out, I replace them with a different size?
Standard warranty does not cover tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I realize that! I am thinking drive train. They may want to use any excuse to fault you in a warrantee claim.
No, the only way the tires would in any way affect your drivetrain warranty would be putting 2 or more different diameter tires on an AWD/4WD vehicle at the same time. Like running 30 inch tires up front and 31s in the back. Also, MAYBE putting extreme offroad tires like 40's they might be able to make a case for the added weight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts