Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've been trying to fix my dad's truck with no success. It is a 2007 Pathfinder V6 4.0L
2 weeks ago:
We drove it 7 miles home with a misfire and as it was going on it began to drive worse and worse, full-throttle speeds began dropping immensely to the point it was going only 5 mph with full open throttle, white smoke was coming out of the exhaust, I could smell what I think was unburnt gas fumes in the cabin. Made it home and the car engine died on me as I was pulling in. Would turn over but wouldn’t start again when I got in the driveway. Would start 2 days later with rough idle that would slowly get worse as the car ran. Every morning after letting the car sit it was able to start fine but idle would get rougher just like before.

Confirmed codes were
P1148 "Closed loop bank 1"
P0300 "Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire"
P0031 "O2 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1"
Pending codes were
P0130 "O2 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1"
P0011 "Intake Camshaft VVT Control Function"
P0101 "Mass Air Flow Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance"

I’ve replaced the upstream O2 sensor on the passenger side as well as cleaned the MAF Sensor

Test drove it today, still white smoke out the exhaust, still rough idling and wouldn’t start again following its loss of power. The car has never overheated at any of these points. I'm thinking of a bad fuel injector, maybe bad spark plugs or ignition coils?
I had reset the codes before I test drove it today and the only codes I have now are
Confirmed:
P0300
I have access to a bluedriver as well if that'll help with any live data readings.

If anybody has any hunches or knows of any common problems this might be I would love to hear them! Thanks

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I'm no expert but do know that if you have an open injector you should not run it, your oil will get diluted to the point that you will spun a rod bearing or damage something else. Check the oil.
Remove and check the spark plugs and you should be able to narrow down to issue to one or two cylinders. Swap the coils and see if the problem moves.

·
Registered
1 Posts
id get a timing gun and see what that shows you, all those misfires and o2 sensor codes could be a sign since youd problably get a false code with no exhaust gases, and improper fuel air ratio

1 - 3 of 3 Posts