Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When turning the lights on, only half the dash will light up (rights side, rpm, oil temp) sporadically after a while of driving, the mils odometer will light up, and then sometimes the rest of the left side will light up (speed, gas gage)
Checked fuses and light bulbs, both are good.
As of late, the washer pump was not working. Checked fuses and pumps for power. Both are good. Then will also sporadically work and not work.
Also, when pushing from the inside to the outside on the front doors, both driver and passenger side, the dome light will come on.
Any ideas? We can not afford to take this to a dealership!

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,492 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum. How long have you had the vehicle and is this something that just started happening?

From your description, it almost sounds like a flood car, i.e., a vehicle that was restored from having water damage. There are a lot of those floating around (pardon the pun) and the electronics going haywire (another pun) is ne of the outcomes. Another cause might be a wiring harness somewhere that has bad connectors.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,632 Posts
Welcome to the forum !

I'd think you have a ground problem, check all battery connections and check any ground wires coming from the fuse box.
The dome light might be coming on because you are pushing on it and that little deformation could be enough to trigger the door switch.

We specialize on the 2013+ Pathfinder, but you are welcome to stick around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First of all, welcome to the forum. How long have you had the vehicle and is this something that just started happening?

From your description, it almost sounds like a flood car, i.e., a vehicle that was restored from having water damage. There are a lot of those floating around (pardon the pun) and the electronics going haywire (another pun) is ne of the outcomes. Another cause might be a wiring harness somewhere that has bad connectors.

I've had the viehcle for about 3 years now. The dash light situation just started about 9 months ago, and the wiper fluid pump situation just started about a week ago.
I am in Montana, has only had one previous owner, and he bought it off the lot.
Is this something I can fix myself, or will it have to be taken to a dealership?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum !

I'd think you have a ground problem, check all battery connections and check any ground wires coming from the fuse box.
The dome light might be coming on because you are pushing on it and that little deformation could be enough to trigger the door switch.

We specialize on the 2013+ Pathfinder, but you are welcome to stick around.
I apologize. I am trying to Google troubleshoot the problems and found this site and it looked to be super helpful to others. Thank you. And I will try to check grounds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts