Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

17 Pathfinder 34k miles - Couple new issues

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  superuser777 
Friends - I have a 2017 Nissan Pathfinder SL with 34k miles on it. Knock on wood, runs smooth like butter and never had any issues until last week.

1. Set the cruise to 70mph and suddenly the speed drops to like 68mph and then accelerates to 71-72mph. The accelerations is noticeable even by passengers, almost like a jerk. Never happened before, even if it's a climb, the cruise speed would be steady, only rpm would increase gradually. What could be the issue?
Note: Still on original CVT fluid. Never changed.

2. On the same trip, when I braked, I could feel brake pedal shudder almost like a ABS kick in but it was not the ABS. Even my wife could hear it. The rotors are fine and pads have life left on them. This happened only 2 times.

Can you help what could these issues be? I hope it's not something serious.
Thanks in advance.
Might be the PEDAL CONTROL SWITCH, it's part of the accelerator pedal, the whole unit will have to be swapped out, as far the brakes is concerned might be located in the calipers, the metal piston may be sticking and causing that shudder, that was the issue on my 2012 pathfinder took it apart cleaned them out both sides and applied a high grade of grease for that application, that solved the issue, may need to do that more often if you get s lot of rain

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.