Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cannot find specs on the 13 speaker Bose sound system in my 2022 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum. NissanConnect tech support was unable to answer either. Is there a "subwoofer" of any type or size? What is the wattage of this "premium" sound system? My 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited had a 13 speaker Alpine sound system @600 watts and clearly had a dash mounted 3 - 5" subwoofer. It was punchy and generally had excellent range, cannot say the same regarding this "premium" Bose system.
Does anyone have a thought on either point (wattage or subwoofer)?

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SL 4WD
14 Posts
Bose typically does not release wattage on their systems. Similar to how Apple really doesn't release processor or ram specs on many of their products.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bose typically does not release wattage on their systems. Similar to how Apple really doesn't release processor or ram specs on many of their products.
Thanks for the replay. True, most manufacturers don't list wattage, some premium brands do though. You'd think at least they'd provide the speaker specs. My guess is that Bose supplied some assistance to the design of the system and then Nissan was allowed to use the name Bose...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I hope they didn’t use the same “premium” sound as in our Murano.
As you can find complains about sound quality.
I recently replaced all our BOSE speakers in our Murano, just speakers no amp or woofer which is located right on top of the spare tire. There are to speakers in it.

Read more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also looked at Crutchfield, as of now there is no speaker info. It’s a shame that some manufactures use inferior products on their “premium” trims. I too will replace at least the door speakers with something with a bit more dynamic range.

·
Registered
31 Posts
OMG you will be surprised with their quality.
Im attaching doors and dash speakers and my new ones.

S
Automotive tire Wood Audio equipment Rim Camera accessory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sad that after spending 50K on a new premium vehicle you need to consider upgrading the factory speakers. My previous vehicle (2018 Chrysler Pacifica) had a very good Alpine speaker system that I was quite pleased with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OMG you will be surprised with their quality.
Im attaching doors and dash speakers and my new ones.
What speakers are these and how do they sound? I am considering if I want to upgrade my system or not. It kind of sucks because I opted for the SL + Premium package largely because of the speakers, but I guess that at least the rest of the system is better excluding the speakers. Anyway, I don't think that the speakers sound all that bad for most listening, but I can notice on certain songs that certain instruments and sounds become nearly inaudible in the mix, which is pretty strange.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What speakers are these and how do they sound? I am considering if I want to upgrade my system or not. It kind of sucks because I opted for the SL + Premium package largely because of the speakers, but I guess that at least the rest of the system is better excluding the speakers. Anyway, I don't think that the speakers sound all that bad for most listening, but I can notice on certain songs that certain instruments and sounds become nearly inaudible in the mix, which is pretty strange.
Pleas see the link to my post on Murano forum, their is a order screenshoot with speakers names and prices.
They sound very good especially for that price, be aware they are 4 oms not 2 as original BOSE speakers, they wont be loud unless you replace the amp.
Im very happy with the result, sorry I don’t know how to explain but sound got dimensions, different ranges, volume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Strange that Crutchfield still does not show the 2022 Pathfinder in their selection list for 2022 Nissan vehicles. It does show the 400Z and Frontier. The Frontier really isn't in quantity at dealerships yet. I don't believe the 400Z is out until 2022.

Rectangle Finger Font Parallel Screenshot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts