Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have anyone try or wonder if all the necessary wires a present to add a 120v factory inverter to a SL model that did not have it from factory?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have anyone try or wonder if all the necessary wires a present to add a 120v factory inverter to a SL model that did not have it from factory?

any sugestions?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I don't fully get the question. You want to wire a 120v inveter?

·
Registered
440 Posts
If you are talking about adding a 120V inverter to a Pathfinder that does not have one, it is possible, BUT you will have to go looking for the wiring. The inverter sits in a compartment to the drivers side of the below deck storage compartment in the back of the 3rd row seat. You will need to add a button to the button pod near the driver's left knee, as well as the inverter outlet itself. But I would be surprised if they supplied all the wiring and connections needed such that it would be plug and play on a vehicle that did not have it.

Don't even think about tackling a project like this without the factory service manual (it is covered in section PWO).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are talking about adding a 120V inverter to a Pathfinder that does not have one, it is possible, BUT you will have to go looking for the wiring. The inverter sits in a compartment to the drivers side of the below deck storage compartment in the back of the 3rd row seat. You will need to add a button to the button pod near the driver's left knee, as well as the inverter outlet itself. But I would be surprised if they supplied all the wiring and connections needed such that it would be plug and play on a vehicle that did not have it.

Don't even think about tackling a project like this without the factory service manual (it is covered in section PWO).
So you think the connectors are there but not the equipment , like the inverter and switch , but all wires are present?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Nope. The wires to the inverter in the back MAY be there, but the 120V wires from the back to the center console are probably no there, and it would take a lot of stripping down of interior parts to run those wires, not to mention the ones to the switch on the panel up front. But if you want to tackle it, get the factory service manual and some screwdrivers and start taking things apart and see for your self.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Nope. The wires to the inverter in the back MAY be there, but the 120V wires from the back to the center console are probably no there, and it would take a lot of stripping down of interior parts to run those wires, not to mention the ones to the switch on the panel up front. But if you want to tackle it, get the factory service manual and some screwdrivers and start taking things apart and see for your self.
a manual will also help to point out where the clips are.
even really experienced techs break clips. won't be surprised to hear people on this forum broke some clips in the process :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
A simple and inexpensive solution would be to purchase a separate power inverter. I have a 2013 SL and I purchased a 400 watt inverter that plugs into the power plugs. The inverter is 4" wide by 7" long and 2" high. I keep it in the rear storage compartment but it would easily fit into the glove box. If you constantly need 120 power this would probably be inconvenient.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts