Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Our SE may very well have been given its early death sentence. My son cut across 2 oncoming lanes in traffic at a light and the outside lane car hit the front tire and door. It has 224k miles, rebuilt transmission (15k ago), motor runs great, and its fairly clean in the interior. Still hurts months later that this happened. She was gonna outlive all of us.
Automotive tire Tire Tread Motor vehicle Wheel

Automotive tire Tread Wood Road surface Automotive wheel system

Tire Automotive tire Wood Road surface Tread
tires have about 4000 miles on them.
Wood Road surface Asphalt Twig Flooring

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Hood

My question is, with so many of these old gold pathfinders still on the road, is this thing worth anything to sell as is? The shock, tie rod, rim, and whatever else in that front right area are messed up. What's the demand for parts on these things.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,
Our SE may very well have been given its early death sentence. My son cut across 2 oncoming lanes in traffic at a light and the outside lane car hit the front tire and door. It has 224k miles, rebuilt transmission (15k ago), motor runs great, and its fairly clean in the interior. Still hurts months later that this happened. She was gonna outlive all of us.
View attachment 16893
View attachment 16895
View attachment 16897 tires have about 4000 miles on them.
View attachment 16894
View attachment 16896
My question is, with so many of these old gold pathfinders still on the road, is this thing worth anything to sell as is? The shock, tie rod, rim, and whatever else in that front right area are messed up. What's the demand for parts on these things.
Hello,
View attachment 16893
View attachment 16895
View attachment 16897 tires have about 4000 miles on them.
View attachment 16894
View attachment 16896
In December i went down a blind 6 degree slope on snow (normally my 04 won't even spin a wheel on that) but there was ice underneath, hit one of 5 vehicles who were at the bottom, did not see them till it was too late. needed LF fender and flare, front bumper, bought them all used from a wrecking yard, had to buy new headlight and parking lite assemblies, total cost with body and paint, about $1500. So what, the overall cost per mile is so low at 175,000 miles that I never considered not fixing it. Some people think that spending $25k for a new vehicle makes sense. Not me, its a true 4WD ground pounder, not just an all-wheel drive station wagon like the new ones, love the classic look. Few paint chips after 18 years, might take me 30 minutes to fix those. I also spent $2600 for cam chains, sprockets, tensioners etc, no big deal in the overall cost per mile scheme of things. I get comments most every day about how good it looks, no interior wear, etc. Based on how it looks and the cost per mile, I will probably drive it till I die. I live in a town of 80,000, not a large town, but spent a grand total of 2 hours finding the wrecking yard parts. I paid $7000 for the Pathfinder 7 years ago, still books for $4-5k. Yours might be well worth fixing!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
only liability, anything beyond that would make no sense financially.
Same here. Collision doesnt make sense on a $4,000 vehicle. The last major investment was the rebuilt transmission about 15k miles ago. These old pathfinders were built very well. I'm not sure if the frame is messed on it. I'm gonna see if we can get a mobile mechanic to come give a diagnosis.

·
Registered
8 Posts
looking at your pictures, I would guess the frame is not , but if it is, strip the bent suspension parts and haul the shell to a good frame shop. Its a very strong structure, hard to pull maybe ,but strong when done. A "mobile mechanic" might or might not be able to tell you much if they are not highly experienced with this model, and it would have to be pulled by a frame shop anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts